NPD: Tremolessence

• Members

This makes my 3rd trem.

First I had the Malekko, then the EQD HBII, and now this.

I definitely like this one the most. You can really tweak the trem sounds from weird crazy stuff, to lovely vintage amp like trem. The hold funciton is nifty as well. I could see getting some really cool sounding rhythms with it, the way you can make the trem effect fade in. Very cool feature.

I'm also really impressed by the usefulness of the ever-blinking rate LED. You can actually get a feel for the tempo with it. The time LED on my SMMH is neat, but something about the way it flashes makes it so you pretty much have to do it by ear.

The Dr. S LED is spot on, and it also fades in and out with the wave shape. If you set a hard square wave, it will go from full brightness to completely off with no dimming. Then if you set a smooth triangle, it will fade in and out gradually.

I also really like how there's only one rate mode and the knob covers the entire range of the pedal without needing a fast/slow toggle.

TL;DR: EHRMAGERD LERTS ERN MA PERDERL!

Ok, party on.

DSCF1439trem.jpg

• Members

isn't it hard to set the rhythm without a rate toggle with those small knobs? only pedal ever got that {censored} down right for me without a toggle is the deluxe pitch pirate LFO rate.

I don't find it to be. Like I said, the light is incredibly useful when setting the rate and although the range is vast, it's not too finnicky. Also, I'm using pretty fast rates, I've been practicing along with a CD for a band I'm joining. Music is Ramones-y (it's with the original guitarist for Sloppy Seconds and we're doing a few songs from Destroyed) with a little 50's flair, but I wouldn't call it rockabilly... to give you an idea of the tempos and such. It's easy peasy.

• Members

I don't find it to be. Like I said, the light is incredibly useful when setting the rate and although the range is vast, it's not too finnicky. Also, I'm using pretty fast rates, I've been practicing along with a CD for a band I'm joining. Music is Ramones-y (it's with the original guitarist for Sloppy Seconds and we're doing a few songs from Destroyed) with a little 50's flair, but I wouldn't call it rockabilly... to give you an idea of the tempos and such. It's easy peasy.

god how i hate setting trem to a CD or something playing along with it. at least a delay can get in the ballpark and then fade out before it goes out of sync, but a trem :s

can't do that {censored} even with a tap trem, gotta sync it to the drums or something and that's just way too much work.

also HNPD :)

• Members

god how i hate setting trem to a CD or something playing along with it. at least a delay can get in the ballpark and then fade out before it goes out of sync, but a trem :s

can't do that {censored} even with a tap trem, gotta sync it to the drums or something and that's just way too much work.

also HNPD
:)

I hear ya, but I swear its east with the Dr. S. Been playin it a bunch and the crazy hyper speeds are like the las 10% of the rate, so most usable tempos are really easy to dial in... especially with the light!

Anyways, thanks bra!

Archived