For RIDE fans...

recovery

• Members
Mark Gardener is touring New Zealand now. That would also be cool to see.

He's got a cool Frank Sinatra look going now.

markgardener.jpg

Sky Parade who are backing him a pretty good to, apparently the american warm up shows were cool, so the tour should be good.

They've just released Going Blank Again with a dvd of the Brixton show, which reminds me I need to get it.

Going in the studio in November to record an E.P. with him producing, it's a new place run by Nick Moorbath who played keyboards with Ride, before running the main local venue for a good few years. I can't wait.

• Members
NICE!

I just pulled out Ride's last album Tarantula recently & forgot how good it was.

Every few years or so I revisit that album hoping that I will like it better with age, but I always end up shuddering and quietly sending it back to the dark recesses of my CD archives :o

But it's about time to try again. I keep hoping.

• Members
Every few years or so I revisit that album hoping that I will like it better with age, but I always end up shuddering and quietly sending it back to the dark recesses of my CD archives
:o

But it's about time to try again. I keep hoping.

I was bummed out when it was release because they seized to exist at that point. The album cover with the gun didn't help either. In retrospect though -there are a couple of real nice gems in it.

• Members

so awesome..

beady eye played the olympics? bet that pissed noel off.

They played Wonderwall which he wrote, not a great performance of it, so he should get a fair amount in PRS fees.

I wouldn't be suprised to find out they had asked him first and he turned it down, didn't seem like it would be his thing.

• Members

No matter what, Ride EP does it for me.

There were several EPs. And yes, most of my favorite work by RIDE is found on their original UK EP releases. In order of preference:

Today Forever (perfect set of 4, from start to finish. That was my soundtrack for the Spring of 1991.

Leave Them All Behind (this version of Chrome Waves is my preferred... it rocks)

Fall (confusing because these songs ended up on the US release of Nowhere, but these 4 together made a perfect package of their own)

Birdman (completely underappreciated EP, Had great continuity and overall mood)

Archived