Tell me about the D*A*M Meathead Deluxe

Naterel

• Members

I don't have an astonishing amount of knowledge, but i did get to play one that was in the doom room tourbox a year or so ago. Sounded great and super heavy. I think it's fuzz face based,, but i could be wrong. I think i read that somewhere. I actually only ended up getting one sound i really liked out of it, but it was a damn good sound.

• Members

The controls (in the old DLX) are output volume (that affect a little to the general gain too), a Fuzz control (its really the bias for the second transistor ala the FF in the old DLX) and a tone knob that blend between 2 input capacitors (control the amount of bass that enter to the circuit)

The new DLX have a internal bias pot to fine tune, i dont know if the topology for the fuzz control is the same as in the old DLX or not.

• Members

I was really close to pulling the trigger on one of Aaron's clones a while ago. Couldn't justify spending the money on a clone, it's too hard to flip for someone who's constantly changing his mind/board and can't afford to just keep everything. Totally love the Meathead though, awesome pedlol. In fact, this thread is bringing back my gas:(

Archived