Computer People: Trouble With Zoom Q3/iTunes

• Members

Ok, so if I record an MP3 only clip with my Zoom Q3 (the old blue one), then upload it to my Windows 7 PC, then add it to my iTunes library, it plays ok on the computer via iTunes.

The problem arises when I put it on my iPod (classic, the current one I believe). I choose it from the music, it shows the screen with the album art, and the time bar at the bottom... the screen when it's just playing something... you know the one. Anyway, it shows that for a couple seconds, and then it goes back to the menu as if the album had ended.

What gives?:confused:

Is this a recording/mixdown type weird issue? If it is I have audacity, but absolutely no clue on how to use it. :facepalm: You'd have to hold my hand through it.

The audio quality on the Q3 is good and it's nice to have live recordings of local bands you enjoy. I'd love to solve this because my car is where I listen to most things.

Anybody got any ideers?

• Members

Maybe the iPod doesn't like something about the way the zoom encodes mp3. Can you record to wav then transcode to mp3 on your PC? Might be worth a shot if a bit of a hassle.

I could sure try. Would I then just change the setting on the Q3 and... how do you encode files like that?

Archived