1 watt marshall jcm 800 demo

gregovertone

• Members

the class 5 is very similiar to what greg's 1w jtm demo sounded like but louder and $500 cheaper. single channel, no gain control. the haze is a more modern, high gain, featureful (thats a word, right?) type amp. i much prefer my 20w jet city head to the tones i was getting from the haze.

That JTM demo sounded cool so I might be into the Class 5. None of the stores around here have them though and I'd like to play on one first.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yep, someone really needs to start manufacturing a copy in a country that doesnt pay their employees a lot of benefits or buy them insurance. seriously.

Not saying that, but I'd really be curious as to how much material and time go into one of these. 20 bucks says that Nick from Dunwich on here could probably make one of these for a lot less. You're paying for the name, and not much else here.

• Members

Not saying that, but I'd really be curious as to how much material and time go into one of these. 20 bucks says that Nick from Dunwich on here could probably make one of these for a lot less. You're paying for the name, and not much else here.

That's true. I have a handwired 2204 that sounds better than any Marshall I've ever played and cost me $500.

• Members

ok our office is at the same location as the biggest instrument store in town.

so today at lunch break i went down and did a short test drive on the jcm1 combo with a gibson lp standard

hmm what to say, with the 10" speaker, it sounded thin and too trebly for me, i miss the low end. maybe played through a 2x12 or 4x12 it would really shine.

yes once the gain button is full up the boost button does nothing any more

so ok i'm cured from the GAS that little sucker gave me :D

• Members

Maybe Maybe not. Parts cost is often higher than I would want it to be

• Members

the class 5 is very similiar to what greg's 1w jtm demo sounded like but louder and $500 cheaper.

Spot on - and I spent quite a while with the class 5 and jcm 1 heads a/b'd together.

For the guys who think the jtm1 et al should be cheaper, bare in mind they are limited edition (and not just a different colour) so reduced economies of scale, and they have gone to the trouble to make the chassis close aesthetically to the amps they represent.

They already do the class 5 at a cheaper price which is great value if you want a low watt made in uk non master marshall.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived