1 watt marshall jcm 800 demo

gregovertone

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the head here is 590euro the combo about 700euro (the other two price the same, jtm and jmp)

if they weren't sooo expensive i would love the have the jcm800 combo for recording and home wanking...

The 50th anniversary heads are $750-800 over on this side of the pond. Pretty dear for a 1W... but the JCM-1H still looks like a cool amp. But I think for that amount of money, my Class 5 is going to have to suffice in terms of low cost / low wattage Marshall tube amp tones.

If Marshall was pricing those at a slight premium instead of for a (IMHO) large one, they'd sell like crazy. IMO, $500 (no more than $600) was the ideal target price point guys - not $800. Not when you can get a 15W Egnater Tweaker head or a Marshall Class 5 1x10" combo for $400.

• Members

For the love of {censored}, will you please play at least 4 bars of that riff before you stop!?!?! Tones are great but my musical boner never gets past a chub because you stop playing too soon. That tone deserves it!!!

• Members

For the love of {censored}, will you please play at least 4 bars of that riff before you stop!?!?! Tones are great but my musical boner never gets past a chub because you stop playing too soon. That tone deserves it!!!

hahaha, this. That was jarring.

• Members

It sounds great - it does exactly what you'd want it to - the JCM800 overdrive sound at low volumes for recording or playing without pissing off your neighbours.

I had an '81 JCM800 2204 50W head, and I loved it, but believe me that thing didn't sound good until at least 3 on the Master and that point you were seriously loud. Not for home use.

indeed... mine was a 100 watt head IIRC... no chance to get the good tones on lower levels. anyway, the police knows me, my neighbours hates me and i am deaf like Pete Townshend

anyway... the 1watt box sounds amazing - thanks for the Demo Greg :thu:

• Members

there is just a 50w mid 80's jcm800 head on ebay currently rating 500euro...

sounds really stupid if the real thing used is cheaper than the 1w anniversary thing

I got my 2204 for less than this costs. Still though, If I could find one of these used I might go for it.

• Members

yep, someone really needs to start manufacturing a copy in a country that doesnt pay their employees a lot of benefits or buy them insurance. seriously.

I know they can't just give them away for free but given a choice of something that I can use in a band setting and something that would be for bedroom jamming, I'd got for the 50 watter. I'm not up to the minute on the Class 5 or even the Haze amp they put out not long ago but aren't they only around $300 - $500?

• Members
I know they can't just give them away for free but given a choice of something that I can use in a band setting and something that would be for bedroom jamming, I'd got for the 50 watter. I'm not up to the minute on the Class 5 or even the Haze amp they put out not long ago but aren't they only around $300 - $500?

yeah, but the class 5 is no jcm 800, though. i have one (class 5, not 800). :cry:

i didnt like the haze.

• Members

yeah, but the class 5 is no jcm 800, though. i have one (class 5, not 800).
:cry:

i didnt like the haze.

I've only seen the Haze in musiciansfriend catalogs and haven't heard but a few of the Class 5 demos. How do they compare?

• Members

I've only seen the Haze in musiciansfriend catalogs and haven't heard but a few of the Class 5 demos. How do they compare?

the class 5 is very similiar to what greg's 1w jtm demo sounded like but louder and $500 cheaper. single channel, no gain control. the haze is a more modern, high gain, featureful (thats a word, right?) type amp. i much prefer my 20w jet city head to the tones i was getting from the haze.

Archived