TS9 and Vox Wah- what would be the third iconic pedal in this lineup?

• Members

I was thinking about iconic pedals when I was looking at my pedals and for whatever reason my TS9 and my Vox Wah reminded me of how those are have bee two very popular pedals throughout the last couple of decades. So now I'm curious, what are some other iconic widely used pedals?

TS9, Vox Wah, (fill in your choice here).

• Members

I don't know why but for some reason delays never even crossed my mind. When I asked myself what another iconic pedal there are, I instantly thought of the Hendrix/fuzz connection and then some kind of rotary speaker effect.

Keep em guys. It's cool to see what everyone thinks since I imagine there is an even wider range of pedals as well.

• Members

Fuzz Face

Big Muff

Univibe (to a lesser extent).

The most iconic would probably be a Cry Baby... Lots of music fans know what a Cry Baby wah is (even if they're not musicians themselves and/or know nothing about effects pedals in general).

I doubt you would find many (non-guitar-effect-geek) music fans who could name a specific delay pedal.

• Members

pfff. The DD-3 would seem more iconic than the dmm or dm-2 or ad9 in terms of what we are trying to make the list for.

How so? Seems to me the Boss DM-2 is a lot more iconic than the DD-3. It's THE analog delay pedal pretty much every modeling company models their analog delay after.

• Members

How so? Seems to me the Boss DM-2 is a lot more iconic than the DD-3. It's THE analog delay pedal pretty much every modeling company models their analog delay after.

Yeah, I can see why he would say the DD3, it's more versatile, but I agree with you that the DM 2 is more iconic, and with a simple setup, I would prefer a simple analog delay over a digital one.

Archived