NGD: Jagsonic

youngpedals

• Members

I finally finished my Jagsonic (its been a year long off and on project). The donor guitar was a (bloody) sparkle-blue Supersonic. Here's what happened:

1. I stripped the paint.

2. Routed the floating tremolo cavity.

3. Routed humbucker cavities slightly wider for Jaguar pick-ups.

4. Routed for pick-up selector on the bottom cut-away, a-la Jazzmaster.

5. Filled the cavity for the old strat-style trem/bridge. Holes were added for floating bridge thimbles.

6. Painted the body surf green, nitro all the way.

5. Had custom pick-guard built.

6. Pushed control plate down further so my hand doesn't constantly hit the knobs all the time (more routing, also has to do with pick-guard).

7. Straight-forward wiring: volume and tone (1M/1M/22nF) with three-way pick-up selector from the old Supersonic.

7818845688_bf493082da_c.jpg

7818845492_3ca46ae155_c.jpg

7818845250_b99b2e3bf8_c.jpg

Un-assembled shots (sorry, lighting was weird at the shop):

7818844972_9caf751e9b_z.jpg

7818844810_2aee98aa22_z.jpg

:eek:

• Members

that guitar > this

{censored} the haters, that thing looks gorgeous! One thing I've always wondered about cracked out skanks, if you're all cracked out at the time as well do you really even care if there's a possibility of catching gangrene?

• Members

This is the second thread in the past few days where people hate the blue sparkle finish on the Supersonics. I won't stand for it anymore. The blue sparkle finish is {censored}ing awesome.
:lol:

I wouldn't say {censored}ing awesome, I'd say key line pie... An acquired taste

I don't care for any sparkle finishes, to the point where the supersonic best standard finish to me was white :o

• Members

One thing I've always wondered about Jags (Jag pickups), do you get that sinlgle coil hum in all pup configurations?

I'm not getting any hum with individual pick-ups selected. On top of the shielding that each pick-up has around it, the cavities were lined with metal (brass sheet) which each pick-up ground was soldered to at the same point.

Archived