OMTerria

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used an RE-20 for a long time. I got rid of it for 2 reasons:

1. It's big as {censored} for a reverb pedlol

2. I bought an amp with delicious reverb

Other than that, it's an awesome pedal with cool spacey sounds. Actually come to think of it I dug all the boss dual series except for the distortion one. That thing was pretty meh.

• Members

I used an RE-20 for a long time. I got rid of it for 2 reasons:

1. It's big as {censored} for a reverb pedlol

2. I bought an amp with delicious reverb

Other than that, it's an awesome pedal with cool spacey sounds. Actually come to think of it I dug all the boss dual series except for the distortion one. That thing was pretty meh.

It's a delay pedal....?

• Members

Granted, the original's reverb kind of sucked anyways. I'm curious about trying one, but them "recreating" the bypass of the original does seem pretty stupid.

I dunno. If they didn't recreate the bypass, everyone would be bitching that it wasn't authentic.

I always preferred the sound of the Echoplex for guitar stuff, but I don't miss taking mine out with the RE-20 on my pedalboard.

• Members

I dunno. If they didn't recreate the bypass, everyone would be bitching that it wasn't authentic.

I always preferred the sound of the Echoplex for guitar stuff, but I don't miss taking mine out with the RE-20 on my pedalboard.

....was the bypass useful? All it was was a limitation. Kowtowing to extremist purists like that is foolish (they'd be a minority anyways).

• Members

....was the bypass useful? All it was was a limitation. Kowtowing to extremist purists like that is foolish (they'd be a minority anyways).

It is useful. If you want dubby echoes you need to be able to drive the front-end with the input volume control. If the control were bypassed, there would be a volume change when you disengaged the pedal.

• Members

It is useful. If you want dubby echoes you need to be able to drive the front-end with the input volume control. If the control were bypassed, there would be a volume change when you disengaged the pedal.

Other than the keeping the volume level while the pedal is disengaged does the RC20 color the tone of your guitar?

• Members

my boss RE-20 arrived today per post, it's heavy and big, i gotta slim down my pedalboard now otherwise it will be to heavy for me ... i am gonna try it out tonight and see if/how it effects my guitartone. hope it won't dull it like mentioned above ^^^^

• Members

Ah, I never really used mine in that application, but couldn't they have done a trails on/off switch to remedy that?

• Members

What does "clipping the input" mean?

It means putting too much volume INTO the pedal - like if you have a clean boost before the RE-20 turned up, there will be more volume going into the RE-20 than it can actually deal with, so the tone will change, the signal won't make it through the pedal cleanly.

• Members

if you think your signal is too dull, turn up the treble.

you guys make me roll my eyes. im gonna visit each and every one of you and steal the treble knobs on our amps. you guys dont use them, so you dont deserve them.

haha made me laugh! since my amp does not have a treble control may keep my EQ pedal? haha

• Members

If you were to put the pedal in an effects loop would it mitigate that potential issue or not? Also, just how much extra boost do we need to take away tone?

When the input light comes on, you are affecting your tone. Its not really tone loss so much as tone smoosh.

If you notice a loss of yer tonez, put the boost after the RE-20.

• Members

if you think your signal is too dull, turn up the treble.

you guys make me roll my eyes. im gonna visit each and every one of you and steal the treble knobs on your amps. you guys dont use them, so you dont deserve them.

Pointless. The treble knob adds treble. Not dynamics. This is especially true with the RE-20. This pedal has been on my board for ages now, and it's still my main delay, but the color/saturation/clipping is not subtle at all, and tends to "dull" your sound, indeed. And these are not TGP-ish considerations. I don't care about "tone sucking", since anyone knows that in most gigs situation, nobody gives a {censored}.

BTW, the trails are NOT switchable on that thing.

Archived