Boss RE-20

OMTerria

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

its my main delay. at its core, its a very versatile delay. tap tempo, eq, multi head capabilities, built in reverb, awesome oscillation, stereo, expression pedal capabilities, switchable trails.

the biggest selling points for me are the fact that its a dead on roland space echo simulation, and the eq. with the bass and treble knobs you can get pristine delay with more character than a normal digital delay or really lush deep echo. and anything in between.

tap tempo is great as well. the oscillation is really nice. it sounds like tape oscillation and can get really deep and crazy.

people can get their panties in a bunch over the preamp and how the volume knob affects your signal volume regardless of if the pedal is on or off. however, i have not noticed any degradation because of this. and if there is any, who cares? thats why you have pedals. to enhance and {censored} up your sound. if youre that much of a purist you should be buying audiophile systems and not playing rock and roll.

• Members

its my main delay. at its core, its a very versatile delay. tap tempo, eq, multi head capabilities, built in reverb, awesome oscillation, stereo, expression pedal capabilities, switchable trails.

the biggest selling points for me are the fact that its a dead on roland space echo simulation, and the eq. with the bass and treble knobs you can get pristine delay with more character than a normal digital delay or really lush deep echo. and anything in between.

tap tempo is great as well. the oscillation is really nice. it sounds like tape oscillation and can get really deep and crazy.

people can get their panties in a bunch over the preamp and how the volume knob affects your signal volume regardless of if the pedal is on or off. however, i have not noticed any degradation because of this. and if there is any, who cares? thats why you have pedals. to enhance and {censored} up your sound. if youre that much of a purist you should be buying audiophile systems and not playing rock and roll.

I still regret selling the Roland Space Echo my uncle gave me so I could go to the prom. :mad:

If I could travel back in time I'd give myself a hard kick in the balls for that one. :(

• Members

this pretty much sums up my feelings about the Yamaha Magicstomp. Well said.

• Members

people can get their panties in a bunch over the preamp and how the volume knob affects your signal volume regardless of if the pedal is on or off. however, i have not noticed any degradation because of this. and if there is any, who cares? thats why you have pedals. to enhance and {censored} up your sound.

From Wattson Classic electronics re. the Classic Fuzz FY-2

We finally got the enclosures, and they are as sweet as we'd hoped they would be! Of course, it nails the tone of the original Shin-ei FY-2, but as usual, we've made a few improvements:

Why bother with improvements? A pedal is there to enhance and {censored} up your sound so improvements shouldn't necessary.

• Members

I still regret selling the Roland Space Echo my uncle gave me so I could go to the prom.
:mad:

If I could travel back in time I'd give myself a hard kick in the balls for that one.
:(

you sold it to go to PROM?!

was it with Mehda? then id understand.

if not......:mad:

• Members

I really like mine...everything everyone said is pretty true. I don't know about a "dead on Roland space echo emulation", but it sounds good. My only complaint is that when I turn it on, there's a gain boost AND my guitar sound becomes much brighter....so I have to use it in the right instances. Cool delay though.

• Members

at first i was kinda bummed that it didnt have a ton of wow and fliutter, but now im glad it doesnt. it really does sound like a well maintained roland space echo.

mine doesnt hiss. you want to run it on its own power supply so it doesnt introduce noise on the power line. it draws a lot of power.

• Members

Pretty much this. I also like that it draws less than 100mA so you can use it on a Normal tap on the VL PP2+.

• Members

I just bought a used one, waiting for delivery. Tried it a few times in the store and liked it. It will substitute my ehx mm w/h as it makes strange noise and i don't need the looping anymore. I am also really lookimg forward to the reverb.

• Members

The reverb is a bit of an odd one, sounded really bathroomish to me a first but I've grown to love it. If you like the basic sound of it then its a great delay that is kind of straight forward but very tweekable at the same time. I'm down to just a DMM and a RE-20 (I dont use them on the same board) and thats been me delay wise for a good few years.

Archived