SolidGoldFX Tap tempo Phaser

IRG

• Members

Just saw this on facebook, looks promising. Only tap tempo phaser I'm aware of is the Empress. I actually like the somewhat simpler feature set of this better. Looks very cool too (I could never read the controls on the Empress, black letter on dark green paint FTL).

Wonder what cost will be. I love that it's a 1/2/4 stage phaser instead of 4/8/12 where I normally don't like much past 4 in the first place.

391390_455311387847115_1794677339_n.jpg

• Members

I didn't think tap on a phaser made a whole lot of sense, until I owned the Empress. And I found it very helpful, surprisingly. They're changing their tremolo to be tap tempo as well, whereas before it was 2 independent speeds you could control with a toggle. But SGfx makes some very solid stuff, they should get more attention here than they do.

• Members

i would think its like a subdecay proteus, where the 1-2-4 switch selects between subdivisions of tap, if that makes sense.

prot.jpg

Ah, you might be right. I'll have to send the guys at SGfx a note and see.

• Members

I don't like the design, and "Apollo" sounds like the name of a red-light club.

But interesting the square wave, much interesting.

I like the design a lot. Something about it appeals to me. Also, the mode knob is interesting. Not sure what it does.

• Members

i would think its like a subdecay proteus, where the 1-2-4 switch selects between subdivisions of tap, if that makes sense.

prot.jpg

That was my thought. You'd potentially have to go a long time between taps to get some slow swirlies. :lol:

• Members

Just saw this on facebook, looks promising. Only tap tempo phaser I'm aware of is the Empress. I actually like the somewhat simpler feature set of this better. Looks very cool too (I could never read the controls on the Empress, black letter on dark green paint FTL).

Wonder what cost will be. I love that it's a 1/2/4 stage phaser instead of 4/8/12 where I normally don't like much past 4 in the first place.

Subdecay Quasar DLX is another tap tempo phaser... Best phaser on the planet IMO. ;)

Archived