Black Cat Vibe reissued - in pedal form

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

why
are
vibes all so damn expensive? is there a reason for this? is the circuit just crazy complex and needs expensive special parts or what???
:confused:

been eyeing that Vibe Machine from Dry Bell but way more than i'd like to pay

oh yeah the Dry Bell is sweet... - i read many times how much action it is to build a vibe / uni-vibe copy. :idk:

• Members

I dunno how expensive vibes cost to make. I will say this, the Dano Cool Cat vibe has a couple of flaws, but it sounds good. Really good. I just hate that you can't change the speed with your feet or an expression pedal input. If it had this, I wouldn't spend big money on a better vibe, although a part of me really doesn't like supporting Dano, but that's another discussion that doesn't belong here, lol. But it is a good sounding vibe. So in general, I don't think they have to be super expensive. Wilson's vibes sound pretty good in clips too, and they're not too expensive. So it can be done.

• Members

dunno, but maybe to "copy" a vibe is expensive... the gutshots and shematics of the "orignal" are just crazy imo. But i am a tech noob and i in the end is a vibe just a four stage phaser... the dano reproduce the same sound/effect... but i guess it is a complete different thing technical.

anyway - we want our vibes cheap! :)

• Members

dunno, but maybe to "copy" a vibe is expensive... the gutshots and shematics of the "orignal" are just crazy imo. But i am a tech noob and i in the end is a vibe just a four stage phaser... the dano reproduce the same sound/effect... but i guess it is a complete different thing technical.

anyway - we want our vibes cheap!
:)

Well my Dano vibe and my EHX Small Stone don't sound alike in any way, but I see what you're saying. The Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe is a nice sounding vibe too. Funny story, I sold mine to one of the engineers at EHX.

• Members

Custom parts, made by real people not solder bots, unique product. Make one cheaper - I dare you. lol

I bet I couldn't make a poor univibe copy, let alone a good one. Challenge not accepted here!

• Members

the Castledine Supra sounds great! I am happy with my Retroman Uber Vibe. Other nice vibe is the Fox Rox Aqua Vibe and the Prescription Electronics Vibe Unit imo. i never playd the Effectrode, but it sounds not so great in the demos IMO. How was the Lunar Vibe by Mojo Hand Ian?

• Members

I thought the Luna was great. Went searching on ebay for one today, not one for sale. Mine was a chorus only Luna, newer versions have both the chorus and vibrato. I liked that it had an expression pedal input too, nice feature. Also, they were fairly priced too.

Doesn't look like MojoHand FX are making them anymore either :(

Archived