Anyone tried out a 70s tribute Firebird yet?

bmoncbus

• Members

Yeah, that's the thing with the "cheaper" Gibson guitars, the bodies are made out of 3 pieces, which don't seem to be matched in any way. My Gibson SG Special Faded als has this, but it doesn't seem to affect the sustain. And with an SG there's not as much of the body visible as with a Firebird.

• Members

They're not bad. Well, not terrible. When compared to a "real" firebird like a standard, the body is smaller, the overall length is shorter, everything is slightly thinner and feels slightly cheaper. Because it's not a walnut/maple sandwich neck, but instead all mahogany it's darker and warmer than a regular firebird. And has quite a bit less clarity.

The ones at sam ass were in SERIOUS need of a setup, of course. Pickups sound good.

• Members

They're not bad. Well, not terrible. When compared to a "real" firebird like a standard, the body is smaller, the overall length is shorter, everything is slightly thinner and feels slightly cheaper. Because it's not a walnut/maple sandwich neck, but instead all mahogany it's darker and warmer than a regular firebird. And has quite a bit less clarity.

The ones at sam ass were in SERIOUS need of a setup, of course. Pickups sound good.

I mostly agree with this. I don't think it was warmer, and I didn't think everything felt cheaper it just looked fairly cheap and yeah, shorter. The pickups were decent but they're voiced for the br00tz and I wasn't into that.

I think if you really want a firebird, skip this and save up for a real one.

• Members

I mostly agree with this. I don't think it was warmer, and I didn't think everything felt cheaper it just looked fairly cheap and yeah, shorter. The pickups were decent but they're voiced for the br00tz and I wasn't into that.

I think if you really want a firebird, skip this and save up for a real one.

Facts: you're speaking them.

Archived