Anyone tried the Squier 2012 Tele Deluxe yet?

gambit

• Members

i'm kind of tempted, but they don't appear to be in stock much over here, and only 2 videos on youtube..

sounds pretty good i think. certainly not muddy like the MIM 250k-potted Deluxes :idk:

[video=youtube;PeSSpxYI_24]

• Members

IRG, you are TGP.

Thanks man.

Oh wait, that's supposed to be a jab, I get it now...

That Fender ain't uber expensive though, under $700. Likely a better neck than the Squier too, 12" radius which is kinda cool. Maybe the Squier has that too, haven't checked. BTW, I own both an Agile Harm, and a Squier Mascis JM, hardly TGP material.

• Members

well there's always the tele custom for you guys.

but i'm considering getting the deluxe possibly so i can put jazzmaster pickups in there instead and use the wide ranges in a jazzmaster.. so yes, i'm a tele heathen :)

• Members

They look cool. Still have the plastic look to them, to a degree.

How about sparkly?

fsr72telecasterdlx-tangrnflake_3.jpg

fyi- for those who have not seen it in person, the sparkle is more like a flake. larger confetti like shiney bits instead of the dust particles in a subtler sparkle.

• Members

how about.. definitely not. eurgh.
:)

It's not my cup of tea either. I definitely prefer more subdued looking guitars. I want the Fender Deluxe in the dark walnut color. I've been wanting this tele for a long time now. I do wish though, they would go with the 4 bolt neck instead of 3 bolt.

Archived