Anyone use a completely stock new RAT?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

What do you class as modern? Mine is a usa made rat II with lm308 about ten years old, and I think it's fine. My first rat four years ago was a chinese rat and it wasn't terrible but not great. Just a bit splatty sounding and the high end didn't feel very good.

• Members

I did up until earlier this week when it got kicked off the board in favor of a pitch shifter.

Besides fuzz-stacking, I always found it nice to pair with a delay, either alone or under an overdrive. Sometimes those dark trails blend together too much and a RAT makes individual notes stand out a little better.

• Members

What do you class as modern? Mine is a usa made rat II with lm308 about ten years old, and I think it's fine. My first rat four years ago was a chinese rat and it wasn't terrible but not great. Just a bit splatty sounding and the high end didn't feel very good.

thats not modern cir, 10 year old miusa lm308 is vintage now :poke:

• Members

My RAT2 was new about ten years ago:idk:

Afaik not much has changed. Mine's made in the USA, with the LM308, but I can't hear a whole lot of difference with my buddy's newer (chinese?) Rat.

I put a toggle switch in mine for the Ruetz mod, and mostly use the Ruetz setting. But I still use the stock setting a lot too. An un-ruetz'd Rat is a tiny little bit overrated impo, nowadays there's probably a zillion distortion peds out there that do a similar thing for about the same price, only maybe even a bit better. Though 'better' is a subjective thing ofcourse.

Archived