Unexpected NGD!

Aaron SS

• Members

So long story short I decided on a whim to take a bunch of unused gear down to my local store to trade it in for something cool. Turns their trade value was rather generous and I ended up walking out with this...

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022-1.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Fender FSR Black Paisley Tele. She needs some thicker strings (10's or 11's) but so far it's :love:

One feature worth mentioning is that the fretboard is a high gloss finish for that vintage vibe but the neck has a very smooth satin finish so it's doesn't feel sticky.

• Members
Turns their trade value was rather generous and I ended up walking out with this...

IMG_0014.jpg

Fender FSR Black Paisley Tele.

suprising trade in value is kind of a fun feeling... you know you are still getting riped a bit, but you kinda feel like you put one over on them at the same time because of how bad trade in usually is :lol:

i got a red jazzmaster for 4 pedals a month or so ago... :eek:

• Members

If I listed it all you guys would probably think I'm nuts but my local Craigslist is a joke and the hassle of shipping large items just wasn't worth it to me. I was prepared to take even less than the $500 they offered me
:lol:

I've been there, sometimes its just nice to walk away from it with one trip. Last time I did that it kinda irked me, but it looks like you got a sweet axe :D

• Members

Very nice, looks pretty cool actually. I like the special run Fenders, usually something a bit unusual, but not too odd, with a bit better build quality too. Leaving it stock?

I almost never leave things stock (too much of a tweaker :lol:) but it's really hard with this one since I've become both accustom to and fond of the new (when they changed the logo) stock MIM teles. At the same time I have a nice new set of Dimarzio Area T pups... If i were to change anything it would only be the pups due to a bit of noise and possibly the tuners but the rest is solid as is.

Too early to say and I'll cross that road when I get there. For now I'm just enjoying a pretty badass guitar :thu:

• Members

Same. Anything else is weird. Feelings are mixed on the paisley though. I can't decide if I like it because it's so hideous or because it's so awesome.

Definitely an acquired taste and just like I said, I didn't wake up this morning dead set on buying a paisley tele :lol:

With that said I'm definitely glad I got it and it's pretty stunning in person. I look at it like a more interesting silveburst (which I have a thing for)

Archived