I Want This Telecaster.

six acre lake

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

2K isn't bad. If you want the good ones, you need to pay a little more.

Hit it up John, but play it first. I wouldn't just order it off the net unless you're into taking a chance/returning it if necessary.

You get what you pay for. I do like the 7.5 radius and the guitar is a looker. Gonna see if I can find one of these around to try out but if not I'll order / try / return if garbage.

• Members

It's overpriced because you could buy all the parts to build it yourself for way less then half of the final price. Ash tele body's are all over the place, warmoth or any other custom builder could build you a 7.5" radius D profile neck for maybe 2-300 dollars finished and ready to assemble (with which ever sized frets you prefer), then the only things semi unique are the pickups and the bridge saddles, which you could probably buy the actual fender parts from them for maybe 200$ at most. Your basically paying over 1000$ for fender to assemble it and put their decal (which you can also order online) on it. For someone whose job it is to basically create replica's of items under a strict budget, I think you could understand this method of thinking on it.

• Members

Someone please explain to me why this guitar is over priced? I am not taking a side either way but I am asking you to please explain your line of thinking.

They were a great deal at $1200 or whatever they were 5-6 years ago but $2k is more than I paid for my CS Strat and Suhr Tele...

• Members

It's overpriced because you could buy all the parts to build it yourself for way less then half of the final price. Ash tele body's are all over the place, warmoth or any other custom builder could build you a 7.5" radius D profile neck for maybe 2-300 dollars finished and ready to assemble (with which ever sized frets you prefer), then the only things semi unique are the pickups and the bridge saddles, which you could probably buy the actual fender parts from them for maybe 200$ at most. Your basically paying over 1000$ for fender to assemble it and put their decal (which you can also order online) on it. For someone whose job it is to basically create replica's of items under a strict budget, I think you could understand this method of thinking on it.

+1 To all of this. Consider the fact too that if it's not a CS model it won't be shielded at all, and will come with a {censored} setup. You can put together a stellar tele these days for under $1000

Archived