Best gretsch with dynasonic pickups under 1k

Stevenglass

• Members

Gretsch does gaudy! Unfortunately there's only one knot in that knotty pine top, so it ends up just looking like a cig burn to me. :idk:

Sorry Steven, but I'm not sure you'll be able to find dynasonics in a new Gretsch for less than $2Gs. I could be wrong, but I think they only come loaded in White/Black Falcons/Penguins, some Duo Jets, a few Chet Atkins models, and a few Country Club models. Those are all I can think of right now anyway.

• Members

Maybe i can get one of those korea ones and just put dynasonics in it?

Word, but I highly recommend selling your soul or possibly everything you own to get the real deal. :D These are Powertrons, but this guitar plays like butter...

G6128TVPclose.jpg

If you do go that route though, give the electromatic pickups a fair shot, they aren't too bad with a bit of EQing.

• Members

Gretsch does gaudy! Unfortunately there's only one knot in that knotty pine top, so it ends up just looking like a cig burn to me.
:idk:

Sorry Steven, but I'm not sure you'll be able to find dynasonics in a new Gretsch for less than $2Gs. I could be wrong, but I think they only come loaded in White/Black Falcons/Penguins, some Duo Jets, a few Chet Atkins models, and a few Country Club models. Those are all I can think of right now anyway.

Pretty much this. If you're patient you could probably come across a used Duo Jet for less than 1500. There's a used one on ebay now for like 1200 or something. I would think a used Duo Jet would probably be the cheapest way to go for a Pro Line Gretsch with Dynas.

You could possibly throw some Dynas in an Electromatic but I'm not sure if the standard Gretsch ones will easily fit. TV Jones makes a version and I believe he makes different mounts for other guitars so they would be easier to fit them in. A used Pro Jet and TV Jones T-Armonds would probably be the cheapest and easiest way to go if the standard Dynas are a pain to fit in the Pro Jet.

• Members

If you want stock Gretsch Dynas in a cheaper instrument, they're around relatively cheap from people who swapped to TV's or Duncans.

IMHO, the stock Dynas are cool, but the TV's are in a whole 'nother league.

And, yes, while the 5xxx series can be cool, the 6xxx series are worth every penny, especially used.

Archived