~ new amp & daw day ~

tape

• Members

those R16's look intriguing.

how many mics can you record at once with them?

it was either the R24 or the R16. then I realized I didn't need the drum machine/sampler the R24 had built in, or the 8 extra "virtual" tracks. same specs otherwise.

I had also been looking at the boss BR800 at the same price range. looks decent but could only record 4 ins at once (as opposed to 8), and the boss has "touch" sensors instead of buttons, which I dislike.

two ins have phantom, but I'll prefer to use my bluetube for mic pre anyway! the R16 pres will be for extra if I need them, otherwise it'll be line in.

750-BlueTubeDP_angle.jpg

• Members

so, bear with me 'cause i'm a total noob, you can track with 8 mics at once with one of those things, basically, am i correct?

8 at once, yeah, but only two can be 48v powered if you're not using external preamps. so you could have say a pair of rode nt5's, and then 6 sm57's.

to be honest I haven't had time to mess with it on mics much. different ins are a bit different. out of the 8, one pair can have 48v, another pair seem to have a "mic on:off" switch, but the other 4 can also do mics if you crank the gain high enough. I guess thay're not as optimal though. and yeah, it'll track, or record all 8 at once as 8 seperate WAV files.

word of warning: it's pretty plasticky. feels sturdy enough, but I wouldn't tour with it or bump it around too much.

• Members

it works as a controller too, right? that's what had me interested. controller+portable recording, if i'm thinking of the right thing

I think so. I had no interest in that or how to edit recordings within it so I didn't really look into it.

• Members

love my lunchbox. I want to get the extension cabinet just for the absurdity of having a lunchbox stack.

I'm happy with it. it will be modded though. the handle is flimsy as {censored}, and the front plastic "grill" is begging for real cloth. I've got half a mind to paint it too.

• Members

you had the 2880 if i remember correctly.. what do you think about it ? why did you leave it for an other loop device ?

I have the 2880 yes. I didn't leave it for another loop device. not sure I understand. it's still the best loop device I own.

the R16 is a daw, to record a session.

Archived