Can Anyone Explain Section 8 Housing To Me?

six acre lake

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In my city Section 8 is synonymous with crime and the nastiest neighborhoods you can imagine. There have been a few efforts to promote economic diversity where they will convert a portion of a nice neighborhood into Section 8 housing. It usually takes 5 years or so to completely destroy the neighborhood and make property values bottom out. It doesn't take long for businesses to move out of the neighborhoods. Who'd have imagined businesses wouldn't want to occupy an area populated by people with no money?

To sum things up, Section 8 will take a huge {censored} on your neighborhood and refuse to clean it up.

• Members

In my city Section 8 is synonymous with crime and the nastiest neighborhoods you can imagine. There have been a few efforts to promote economic diversity where they will convert a portion of a nice neighborhood into Section 8 housing. It usually takes 5 years or so to completely destroy the neighborhood and make property values bottom out. It doesn't take long for businesses to move out of the neighborhoods. Who'd have imagined businesses wouldn't want to occupy an area populated by people with no money?

To sum things up, Section 8 will take a huge {censored} on your neighborhood and refuse to clean it up.

agreed. phoenix is becoming a section 8 city.

• Members

People with mental disabilities should be condemned to homelessness?

Libertarian'd

The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern of argument:

1.Person 1 has position X.

2.Person 2 disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially similar position Y. The position Y is a distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:

1.Presenting a misrepresentation of the opponent's position.

2.Quoting an opponent's words out of context

• Members

there's also a difference between Section 8 where everyone applies on both ends and is screened and what not, and HUD i.e. "the projects" which is government built/owned. It seems as though Section 8 is slightly different clientele.

I'd wager that most really blighted neighborhoods are neither and everything's just owned by slumlords and both the gov./private sector ignore it altogether.

Archived