Re-wiring the board!

gae86

• Members

So lately I've sold something and bought something else! Now soon I gotta reside the board. A the mom I got 2 fuzz, 1 od, reverb,delay, tremolo,vibrato, phaser, an octave, a tuner and 2 new entries a low pass filter and a ps3.

Now I'm pretty sure about some position such as the fuzz factory first, followed by the octron, the DMM and the rv2 last. But where should I put everything else, in particular the low pass filter and the ps3? Enlighten me

• Members

fuzz > octave > od > delay > reverb

Now, often pitch effects will track better if they come first, so octave might want to be out front. Also, the PS3, depending on how you're using it. If the fuzz is ok after other pedals, I'd try this:

octave > fuxx > od > PS3 > delay > reverb

Here, I assume you're using PS3 for crystals. If for actual pitch-shifting, put it first.

Now, the modulation FX are all about what you want: Did you want the tremolo to modulate your ENTIRE signal, including reverb trails? What about vibe or phase? I'll assume not, so:

octave > fuxx > od > tremolo/vibrato/phaser > PS3 > delay > reverb

Now, for low pass, do you want it to effect your whole signal? Do you want to shape your signal pre dirt? Or, take the edge off a dirt pedal? That will determine where it's going... it will likely be RIGHT before dirt, or RIGHT after.

Archived