The true identity of Alien is....

Stevenglass

• Members

No, Alien isn't my alt. I don't have an alt. I really don't need one.
:)

who was echoD talking about then??? :confused: onemanbanned is still banned, who else is there that recently got unbant?

also phil needs that one Beatles compressor plugin that costs like $10k, a few sexy vintage fenders, esp a seafoam or daphne blue offset with the matching headstock, a vintage 52 tele, a new iphone, a new imac, a new macbook pro, a new ipad, an intern...i can keep going... ;)

who was echoD talking about then???
:confused:

He mentioned Alien and one other forumite, but I'm not really sure what the issues were. He said Alien had been stalking him, but I think that was a while back. If it was something recent, he didn't bother to let me know about it so I could look into it. :idk:

also phil needs that one Beatles compressor plugin that costs like $10k,

Wait - a $10K compressor plugin? Are you sure you're not thinking about a hardware compressor?

I'd love to have a couple of RS124 hardware units (highly modified Altec 436B), but IF you can find them (a VERY big "if"), you're going to have to shell out a good $35k apiece for them. There were probably well under a hundred of them made, and EMI has held on to the majority of them.

The other compressor that is commonly associated with The Beatles is the Fairchild 660 (and the stereo version, the 670). These are a bit more common, but not by much. Unlike the hardware version of the RS124, I've actually used these before. They're also quite expensive (not to mention heavy, and quite expensive to re-tube), and $10k isn't even going to get you into the ballpark for the 660 anymore.

I do have a couple different plugin versions of both the 660 / 670, as well as EMI / Abbey Road's RS124 plugin. If there's something else out there that I haven't heard about, I'd love to learn more - especially if it IS in fact a $10,000 plugin. :eekphil::D

a few sexy vintage fenders, esp a seafoam or daphne blue offset with the matching headstock, a new iphone, a new imac, a new macbook pro, a new ipad...
;)

:lol:

I'm cool on the new MBP (just got one), but I REALLY need a new iPhone. I'd love to have a iPad too. Of course, the guitars you mentioned are ALWAYS welcome!

• Members

Wait - a $10K compressor
plugin?
Are you sure you're not thinking about a hardware compressor?

I'd love to have a couple of RS124 hardware units (highly modified Altec 436B), but IF you can find them (a VERY big "if"), you're going to have to shell out a good $35k apiece for them. There were probably well under a hundred of them made, and EMI has held on to the majority of them.

The other compressor that is commonly associated with The Beatles is the Fairchild 660 (and the stereo version, the 670). These are a bit more common, but not by much. Unlike the hardware version of the RS124, I've actually used these before. They're also quite expensive (not to mention heavy, and quite expensive to re-tube), and $10k isn't even going to get you into the ballpark for the 660 anymore.

I do have a couple different plugin versions of both the 660 / 670, as well as EMI / Abbey Road's RS124 plugin. If there's something else out there that I haven't heard about, I'd love to learn more - especially if it IS in fact a $10,000 plugin.
:eekphil::D

and yes Phil, it was the RS124 plugin i was talking about. for some reason i remembered it being a lot more then like $500. i guess i might have mixed together the plugin cost with the real unit's cost. sorry to get your hopes up on a holy grail :lol:

• Members

Wait - a $10K compressor
plugin?
Are you sure you're not thinking about a hardware compressor?

I do have a couple different plugin versions of both the 660 / 670, as well as EMI / Abbey Road's RS124 plugin. If there's something else out there that I haven't heard about, I'd love to learn more - especially if it IS in fact a $10,000 plugin.
:eekphil::D

I will sell you a compressor for $50,000. PM me for my PayPal account for you to deposit the cash. Thank you.

• Members

and yes Phil, it was the RS124 plugin i was talking about. for some reason i remembered it being a lot more then like $500. i guess i might have mixed together the plugin cost with the real unit's cost. sorry to get your hopes up on a holy grail
:lol:

i saw you ninja edit ur facebook post.

• Members

rut roh did I just take over Chirs's top rung on the HCFX drama queen ladder? oooooh nooooooo ! I have to think up some drama i could post to keep us all entertained while EchoDQ is on vacation. he he he's kinda like a Devi JR? i saved Devi's farewell speech last time. its funny.

edit: i have loads of drama lately but none i would knowingly post on the net unless i was drunk.

Archived