Menatone Pedals

Aristotle

• Members

Not a lot of talk about these pedals, but where there is talk there's great things said.

I've never played any of them, but I used to have a Barber Gainster (that I loved) which I guess is based off the Red Snapper. I've also been looking for a vox-style pedal and the TBIAC sounds great from the few clips I've heard and the bass/treble eq control style seems ideal for making it work with different guitars.

So what can you guys say about Menatone pedals?

• Members

I like bright sounds so my rig is already set fairly bright. Does this mean menatones are good at preserving that, or that they'll end up making it even brighter?

hard to explain. it is more a "flavour" of the shift in the EQ of this pedals in comparison to others... not really brighter but way more "picky". i play humbuckers with high output only and rolled treble/tone always off for the right sound. - sure not complete off but... you know :)

• Members

Not a lot of talk about these pedals, but where there is talk there's great things said.

I've never played any of them, but I used to have a Barber Gainster (that I loved) which I guess is based off the Red Snapper.
I've also been looking for a vox-style pedal
and the TBIAC sounds great from the few clips I've heard and the bass/treble eq control style seems ideal for making it work with different guitars.

So what can you guys say about Menatone pedals?

EGDM

/thread

• Members

Ain't no thang for a high roller.

And I am unquestionably a high roller...focused less on expensive pedals and more on a well funded Roth IRA at this point though so no more $400 pedals when $200 pedals will do just as well.

I think I'm going to try the TBIAC...

• Members

Every Menatone pedal tend to be more trebly/bright as other brands IMO.

I had a Red Snapper a few years ago and didn't really like it... it made a nice clean boost - but that's not what I'd usually want an overdrive for - and had a harshness to the drive when it was turned up. I tend to like darker dirt tones though (with just a few exceptions).

At the moment I have a Pleasure Trem 5000...

I wasn't sure about it at first; it seemed like a one-trick pony - like it was good for really choppy, pronounced, hard-edged tremolo and nothing else.

I've since found that it does have some subtlety in there too, and you just have to accept that it won't really do smooth, 'vintage'/'amp-like' tremolo effects. It just does its own thing and does it very well.

Archived