Soooooo......Katy Perry is kind of awesome?

mhuxtable

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think most of the "she writes her own songs" stuff is just a result of some very misleading practices on the part of the label.

I was listening to a story on NPR one morning where they were going through the process of producing a hit song on a big label. They were deconstructing a Katy Perry song (can't remember what it was called) and all she really added to the process was the idea to put some extra "La La Las" in the chorus but she still got a song writing credit for that.

I don't know if it's like that for all her songs but it's something to think about.

I read an article about songwriters years back when Avril Lavigne was still a thing and thats real common. The artist gives some lyrics, or a broad "concept" for the song (I want it to be about this) or just sits in the room when the songwriter is working and boom, co songwriting credit.

Also every time california girls comes on I imagine the AH-EH-EHEHEHEHE bit to be the sound Katy Perry would hypothetically make as shes getting throttled.

• Members

A friend is a manager at one of Las Vegas biggest limo services. Katy Perry was caught on camera (ALL the limos have cameras in them) SCREAMING at the driver after getting in the car because he wouldnt let them do drugs in the limo. The driver was very nice about it and didnt say a word..While driving to the hotel, she called the service and tried to get the driver fired for doing NOTHING. She kept saying "IM KATY {censored}ING PERRY, AND YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET FIRED" and swearing at him for the entire trip. The driver had been with them for 10 years and never had a complaint. I have seen the video, she is a {censored}ing CUNTRAG.

• Members

A friend is a manager at one of Las Vegas biggest limo services. Katy Perry was caught on camera (ALL the limos have cameras in them) SCREAMING at the driver after getting in the car because he wouldnt let them do drugs in the limo. The driver was very nice about it and didnt say a word..While driving to the hotel, she called the service and tried to get the driver fired for doing NOTHING. She kept saying "IM KATY {censored}ING PERRY, AND YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET FIRED" and swearing at him for the entire trip. The driver had been with them for 10 years and never had a complaint. I have seen the video, she is a {censored}ing CUNTRAG.

you need to get that video on youtube.

• Members

FWIW I saw a interview with her where she acknowledged that she was like candy, fun to consume with no substance, and knew she wasn't to be taken seriously since she is shooting whip cream out of her boobs and that the life of a pop star is usually a short one.

That video linked in here was pretty funny talking about how she has one song that is about staying true to yourself, etc etc and then another about being a super skank, but to hold her accountable for being a role model to little kids isn't really reasonable either.

40katy_perry_500x500.jpg

Archived