Soooooo......Katy Perry is kind of awesome?

mhuxtable

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My wife wanted to watch the Katy Perry documentary, I said sure why not.

She's actually kind of awesome....seems very down to earth, had fairly humble roots, knows how to play guitar and write a song, didn't take {censored} from record execs who wanted to mold her image.

Let the flaming commence!

Oh and her parents are total tools....home videos when she was 18 and her parents are these "normal" looking folks...then cut to now and dad has on huge shades, a leather jacket and this big roman cross necklace and mom looks like a Sharon Osbourne wannabe.

She's also petty and jealous when it comes to other musicians.

I {censored} listed her after she dumped all over Lady Gaga being a "poor example" only to strut in a coconut bikini and sing a song with Snoop about fking in a jeep, smoking bud etc....

• Members

You know, I don't get the whole "she/he writes their own stuff, so she/he is respectable in that respect."

Glen Campbell only wrote a handful of his own songs, but I've yet to hear anyone denigrate him for that. Keith Whitley only wrote one or two of his own. I think the Bee Gees wrote most of their own material, as did the Spice Girls.

• Members

Add Nina Simone to that list, Bucksstudent.

You could do a lot worse than Katy Perry though. What else do you expect the average 12 year old American girl to listen to? It's the music for everybody else I find jam packed with fail. Adults should find better {censored} to do.

Archived