Soooooo......Katy Perry is kind of awesome?

mhuxtable

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:
I guess that selection doesn't speak highly of me does it?

Well let's see today on Netflix I watched documentaries on the Remington 700 rifle, modern day snipers and ghosts....soooooo
:idk:

watch Crumb. Great documentary and they didn't have to spend nearly as much money to make him look awesome.

• Members

Great documentary. Except for the whole brother part. That was a bummer.

But the piggy back rides are always great!
:thu:

actually the brother part is what makes it awesome. I mean, it's dark and depressing, but then it's a real {censored}ing documentary, not a commercial.

• Members

I agree it was good. One that I would recommend.

Oh yeah, I understood you. If I seemed angry, it's only at the notion of people taking a {censored}ing hype machine like a Katy Perry promotion flick as an actual source of information and calling it a "documentary".

• Members

Oh yeah, I understood you. If I seemed angry, it's only at the notion of people taking a {censored}ing hype machine like a Katy Perry promotion flick as an actual source of information and calling it a "documentary".

It takes all kinds I guess... :)

Tbh though, I haven't seen her documentary. So I can't really comment on that. She is hawt though!

• Members

Yeah apparently the whole candy land thing is her. They were talking about how a label was trying to decide if she was the next Ashlee Simpson, the next Kelly Clarkson, whatever....she said {censored} it I want to be the first Katy Perry and she went to Capital.

Bull and {censored} comes to mind. Read the history of her recording and bouncing around.

She did something right.....she's the first woman and the only artist besides Michael Jackson to have 5 number 1 singles on one album.

Jackson did it at a a time of massive album and single sales. Perry's doing it at a time when both album and sales figures are {censored}ed. Not even worth comparing the two.

Her voice is {censored}ing horrible especially on 'Firework'. I don't care about the tits. The good boobage is rendered void the minute she opens her mouth.

• Members

She's got a nice rack and seems to have a sense of humor, doesn't take herself too seriously, which is a rare quality in today's mainstream popstars...What's not to like?:idk:

The {censored}ty music is too bad, but I still definatelly would.

• Members

Couldn't resist looking her up on yt

[video=youtube;G2Zd5-sTvV0]

This is all kinds of fail. I can live with the retarded candy land shtick, every starlet needs an image I guess, and she decided to go overboard, whatever.

But her voice is just really {censored}ing annoying imo, and dispite the meh other singers, the drummer, guitarist and bass player in the background, the music I hear in that particualr clip is pretty much just horrific souding synth violins and a cheesy beat:idk:

This just proves that with the right money/PR/management/agent/stylists/record company/etc, the music industry can force feed the masses anything they f*cking want:idk:

• Members

i wonder how far adele would have gone if she sounded like katy perry?

Ms. Perry, I believe, has gotten as far as she have primarily because of her body. Her voice sounds like so many others in the pop scene. Adele has a fantastic voice, but she is not the stereotype skinny that the labels push. Adele is a fantastic artist, but because she doesn't look like Brittany, Miley, Taylor or any number of other divas, she will only be appreciated by those that actually LISTEN to music.

Archived