Soooooo......Katy Perry is kind of awesome?

mhuxtable

• Members

My wife wanted to watch the Katy Perry documentary, I said sure why not.

She's actually kind of awesome....seems very down to earth, had fairly humble roots, knows how to play guitar and write a song, didn't take {censored} from record execs who wanted to mold her image.

Let the flaming commence!

Oh and her parents are total tools....home videos when she was 18 and her parents are these "normal" looking folks...then cut to now and dad has on huge shades, a leather jacket and this big roman cross necklace and mom looks like a Sharon Osbourne wannabe.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait - you mean to tell me that's NOT the result of some label's imaging makeover efforts??

Yeah apparently the whole candy land thing is her. They were talking about how a label was trying to decide if she was the next Ashlee Simpson, the next Kelly Clarkson, whatever....she said {censored} it I want to be the first Katy Perry and she went to Capital.

She did something right.....she's the first woman and the only artist besides Michael Jackson to have 5 number 1 singles on one album.

• Members

Uh, okay I guess. But maybe, that narrative in the documentary was also a company makeover. I mean after the first time I watched "loose change" I was like oh {censored} 9/11 was an inside job. then I cleared my head, and said oh man that movie was total bull{censored}.

It's like saying cheerios are the best thing for your heart, where did you find out? A cheerios commercial.

Maybe she is awesome. I don't know, but I feel like that movie isn't going to show you any of her warts.

Archived