O/T VIDEO GUYS, HALP?

Ryan.

• Members

I finally, after many failures, have completed editing my videos from Yosemite. They aren't exactly what I was after, but that is a whole other story.

I'm having problems with exporting the file to be played on Vimeo. I followed this dude's instructions: http://vimeo.com/33320845

But when I play that on my PC the video is all blocky and low def.

Any advice you guys could offer me? Thanks :wave:

• Members

I don't use Adobe Premiere Elements or Vimeo, but it sounds like a problem with your quality settings. Double check them. Try encoding with a different codec (maybe sorensen 3, if H264 isn't working for you). And try upping your display resolution and your bit rate limit.

• Members

I don't use Adobe Premiere Elements or Vimeo, but it sounds like a problem with your quality settings. Double check them. Try encoding with a different codec (maybe sorensen 3, if H264 isn't working for you). And try upping your display resolution and your bit rate limit.

Thanks Onyx!

Let me just ask you this... the instructions in that vid told me to export to a quicktime file. So I did that, but I'm on a PC. I'm wondering, is it just showing up {censored}ty on my PC because I don't have quicktime, but when it gets to Vimeo it might look good again?

• Members

Thanks Onyx!

Let me just ask you this... the instructions in that vid told me to export to a quicktime file. So I did that, but I'm on a PC. I'm wondering, is it just showing up {censored}ty on my PC because I don't have quicktime, but when it gets to Vimeo it might look good again?

Onyx, if you're still around...?

• Members

Onyx, if you're still around...?

Sorry. I was deep into video editing of my own for awhile and forgot to check back. In terms of your question about Quicktime&Vimeo, I assume you're playing it with Windows Media Player? That should be okay. I doubt it's the player. My best guess is it sounds like a problem with bit rate being too low. Did you try raising that a good amount and re-exporting?

• Members
Sorry. I was deep into video editing of my own for awhile and forgot to check back. In terms of your question about Quicktime&Vimeo, I assume you're playing it with Windows Media Player? That should be okay. I doubt it's the player. My best guess is it sounds like a problem with bit rate being too low. Did you try raising that a good amount and re-exporting?

I think the bit rate recommended in the video was 5,000. I basically followed everything from that. :idk:

• Members
I think the bit rate recommended in the video was 5,000. I basically followed everything from that.
:idk:

yeah, well, try 7500 and just see if it looks any better. If not, try using the Animation Codec. Does that look better? Double check your size. is it 640x480? If all that gets the same result, you need to look into your project settings.

You should be able to do test exports quickly. don't try to export your whole project each time. create a separate timeline with just a small excerpt or use marks to determine a small section of your sequence to export (not sure what the options are in Adobe Premiere, but it must allow one of these options).

• Members
yeah, well, try 7500 and just see if it looks any better. If not, try using the Animation Codec. Does that look better? Double check your size. is it 640x480? If all that gets the same result, you need to look into your project settings.

You should be able to do test exports quickly. don't try to export your whole project each time. create a separate timeline with just a small excerpt or use marks to determine a small section of your sequence to export (not sure what the options are in Adobe Premiere, but it must allow one of these options).

Good call, thanks man! I wouldn't been sitting for hours exporting all the footage over and over. :facepalm:

I think everything should be 1080 etc... I'll check it all out again and start with small pieces to export. Appreciate it. :thu:

• Members
Good call, thanks man! I wouldn't been sitting for hours exporting all the footage over and over.
:facepalm:

I think everything should be 1080 etc... I'll check it all out again and start with small pieces to export. Appreciate it.
:thu:

Cool, I hope that helps. The higher bit rate or the Animation codec may make the file too big for Vimeo, but if one of those works, at least you'll know what the problem is. Whenever I get stuck with a problem like this, where there are alot of possible culprits, I find it best to just run through the different options quickly by exporting something small with a wide variety of settings, so I can know what the hang up is. Anyway, good luck. In 30 minutes, I'm on the road out of town and won't be near a computer for at least 24 hours, so I can't be of any more help for awhile.

Archived