Boss RC30 v. Digitech Jam Man Stereo

The Villano Dude

• Members

maybe I'm not explaining it right - cause the Headrush can't do what I want. With the headrush, you have to hit play first before you can over dub, this mean you can't really get a seamless loop. If you hit the record button again while already recording with the headrush, you just start recording again (a really {censored}ing cool feature btw). But with the dl-4, if you hit record again while recording, it starts playback but also instantly starts overdubbing too so you can get a seamless loop - like with a swell for instance.

Thats what I'm wondering if the JMS can do

edit*** don't think it can since the record button says "record/play/overdub"

• Members

Faldoe, you have to hit the record button again for the overdub on the Jamman... maybe you can change it (let me check it out...) Reverse on the Jamman is nice...

cool. Ya I was just making the judgement from looking at the switch and it saying "record/play/overdub," I was assuming the button functions are in that order... Thanks for checking :wave:

• Members

record/play is more or less the same... it plays the loop instant after recording... so next step is overdub. stay tuned... i'll check it out in the next few hours when i am at my gear :)

EDIT: i'll checkout the manual for different working options. But the standard is (out of my head)...

hit rec to record a loop/phrase

hit record to end recording and the loop plays...

hit record again for overdub...

you only can overdub on loops... not on a phrase... but a phrase start instant if you hit play (for the minus the bear fun) On loops it just starts a new overdub...

you can undo/redo overdubs while holding the record swithc for a few seconds. the stop/tempo switch is for stoping the loop/phrase, to clear/erase the recorded current loop... yeah and tap tempo - you can set the tempo before recroding. the best part imo is - you can send the click via a spereate out to other units, drummer, headphones etc...

• Members

i dont know :) i really like and need the option to send the click via seperate out to other units etc. i just playd the rc-20 a long time ago - was great tool for playing at home. how about the filetransfer with the rc-30? the RC-20 didnt offer filetransfer via usb or something... thats the only reason why i ended up with the jamman...

Archived