Good clean boost for fattening up single coils?

Inertiatic_SKS

• Members

Any suggestions, other than the EP Booster? There's nothing wrong with it and I actually love it, but I'm just trying to scope out my options here. I'm mainly looking to add a little bit more chunk and make my single coils sound a bit more humbucker-esque, which the EP Booster does great. And it'd be nice if it can stack with OD's, but not a must.

Orange Squeezer with a level control. Use it to boost as much or as little as you'd like. The OS will take care of adding just a small touch of distortion to the signal, and that, coupled with the compression, will definitely fatten things up. I hardly ever turn my custom OS compressor off when I'm using single coil pickups.

• Members

The GREEN rhino is can have a BIG bottom end and be a semi-clean boost .

NOTE The Green R. has a great sounding preamp ,best in my experience.

The MXR Boost/Overdrive is a very good clean boost,the distortion side is seperate,that has alot of gain for rock.

• Members

Probably not the kind of thing you're looking into, but when I was messing around with my Monsterpiece GE, I found that it fattened up my Tele a lot with the fuzz below noon and volume high. Obviously though, a more proper use for it is with both high. ;)

Archived