Who enjoys playing acoustic?

RUExp?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoy playing acoustic, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy playing *that* acoustic ^^^

Yamaha FG700MS with an LR Baggs M1A here. It's my main "gigging" guitar at the moment. If you count church as a gig.

I figured that I needed to get a good "plugged in" sound on a budget, so the cheap guitar / expensive pickup combo seemed like the way to go- the guitar will get upgraded eventually and the pickup will get transferred over.

• Members

cant stand it. ive got a {censored}ty little japanese nonbranded electric from the 70s for when i feel like playing while watching tv/ on computer/ etc but i wont play a proper acoustic. my playing on an acoustic always gravitates to big open chords. nothing is more boring and less appealing to me.

• Members

I love playing my acoustic. It was my first guitar, I've had it since I was 9.

It's especially gorgeous when its restrung with brand new strings and all polished up. The 12 string sound is to die for in person.

Pic!:

12string.jpg

• Members

This my cheapest guitar and one of the most fun to play.

It's a $50 Rogue guitar from Musician's Friend. Although I got mine when they had a sale for $35 plus free shipping.

I like how it sounds like a cross between a steel string and a nylon string guitar.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/rogue-starter-acoustic-guitar

m6Ka4.jpg

I bought that too. It sounds okay. I was worried it might have problems staying in tune, but it's been fine. Great deal, good back-up.

I have another acoustic I play alot though. It was a gift and it's like a $150 guitar, so nothing high end, but it sounds good, and I've had it for years. I used to write everything on it, but then was always disappointed that my riffs never sounded as good when translated to electric.

• Members

It's been a while, but I used to love acoustic shows in the last big band I was in. Cuts through the distractions and shows what you're really made of. It's also a chance for people to pick up on the subtleties that get lost in big noisy mixes.

• Members

Luckily, this doctor is not affected by picklebum disease.

I like acoustic better than electric....been that way for years. Since my acoustic playing is not limited to cowboy chords. No boring, hackneyed, strum-n-strang here.

The pics of my old Ehlers have been posted far too often, so they won't get re-re-re-posted here. It is, tho, one helluva canon. Flatpicker's Heaven.

In addition to that glorious jumbo, I've got 7 or 8 old Harmonys, ranging from the H1260 Sov (and the 1270 12 string) to some great old archtops in birch, spruce and mahogony. A real favorite is the smallbodied H162. If you've never, you really outta try one.

• Members

pictures are not mine

washburn d10 was my first proper guitar, bought now 20 years ago and hendrixed it

washburn.washburnd10s.siyah.jpg

played the hell out of it, it took 10 years until i bought my first proper electric.

the 1st, 2nd and 3rd fret are really in bad shape and there is fretwear on a lot of other places too

and almost two years ago devi gave me gas to this:

WASHBURN+R319SWKK-4.JPG

also hendrixed it cause there are no lefties of it.

sounds different, not so loud and full than the d10 but i enjoy practicing with it at home

its small and with the case light to take it around

currently i use them mostly for recording acoustic parts and mainly play electric other wise

• Members

Wow WAWBanks that's a funky lookin' guitar you got there.

What is it?

It looks super good!

It's an electro-acoustic made by a company called Hutchins. It works with both steel and nylon strings. I've had it for a few years and don't play acoustic much but its good to keep around. I'm trying to get myself down to just two guitars, this and my jaguar. It's really really easy to play

• Members

I have a bunch of acoustic guitars.

I go through phases where I play more acoustic then electric but I like playing both:

Here is the main one I play. 1959 Martin with the Brazilian back and sides:

397022_329012327133344_131784907_n.jpg

Here are some other ones I like:

60s J-45 and 70s Guild D-55

169050_183534271681151_7264556_n.jpg

Gibson Custom Shop Everly Brothers #4/100:

179037_183534368347808_5805278_n.jpg

Martin D-41:

225275_209167299117848_190625_n.jpg

I have a bunch more but these are the ones I usually play

Archived