I didn't know gy!be had a new album out.

• Members

I just bought it $20, neat.

Also, I took photos on my cell, for your enjoyment. I couldn't get good ones of the pedals :(

Sorry, blurry stuff. Travis bean... Lots o pedals... I see a banjo and acoustics... So many pedals....

2012-10-01_18-56-26_380.jpg

2012-10-01_19-06-06_171.jpg

2012-10-01_19-06-19_554.jpg

2012-10-01_19-06-30_702.jpg

2012-10-01_19-06-36_320.jpg

2012-10-01_19-05-59_390.jpg

Alright, time to listen.

:wave:

• Members

It's odd, I could never get into GY!BE. I had lots of friends with good taste that were into them. I bought the first album. Listened to it maybe half a dozen times. Always bored the hell out of me. Then, last Friday, I was making a solo road trip and decided to give Lift Your Skinny Fists a listen (had been meaning to for awhile, but it's hard for me these days to get twenty minutes free to listen to a single track of music uninterrupted, much less an hour and a half to listen to a double album straight through). And damn, it was excellent. So much better than that F# A# Infinity stuff. Like night and day.

• Members

According to someone on /r/postrock, the new album is called "Allelujah! Don't Bend, Ascend" or possibly just "Don't Bend, Ascend" which explains the script on their new tour poster.

dandrea-Godspeed-You-Black-Emperor-San-F

Totally buying that poster, by the way. These guys are going to take so much of my money.

• Members

Lol I didn't know it was a secret album. I just bought before they went on stage. I figured I was completely out of the loop.

Also the show was great. Not the best but memories may be false. Two old songs sleep on the beach, and the one from 28 days. Have not opened the record yet, can't tell you any thing else ....except the new stuff played at the show was good. lot o effects on dat violin. Good noise

Archived