Did someone just link to, or hotlink to amp*ge.org?

Phil O'Keefe

If so, the hotlink is triggering malware warnings. There is no danger in viewing HC, but it could trigger alarms for people, so if you recently hotlinked or linked to that site, please either remove it, or drop me a PM with a note telling me what thread you put it in and I'll take care of it for you.

Thanks!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349158[/ATTACH]

Here's the report I got when I went to see "why" we were getting the warning. As you can see, there are zero malware software issues at HC, and in the past 90 days we have not been a intermediary for the infection of any other sites, and the issue is the link to amp*ge.org (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12) - rest assured that viewing HC isn't going to cause any harm to your computer!

I've reported this to IT - maybe they can track it down... but short of me looking at every picture in every thread, I'm probably going to have a hard time doing it on my own - which is why I am asking for help from you guys. If you notice an image or link to that site, please drop me a PM and let me know where you saw it.

Thanks!

Since other people on other forums here on HC are getting the same warning messages, the amp*ge.org link (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12) may very well be on one of the other HC forums... but I'd appreciate it if you guys would continue to keep an eye out for any links to that site, or any hotlinked images that may be sourced from there.

• Members

Since other people on other forums here on HC are getting the same warning messages, the amp*ge.org link may very well be on one of the other HC forums... but I'd appreciate it if you guys would continue to keep an eye out for any links to that site, or any hotlinked images that may be sourced from there.

Its in a link in a Sticky on the DIY forum, and a few other places.

Its in a link in a Sticky on the DIY forum, and a few other places.

Thank you! I just disabled the link in the DIY thread. If you have any other specific places where you've seen them, please either post a link here for me, or send me a PM so I can remove or disable them.

I just replied to threads on Craig's forum (SSS), Guitar Jam, and Electric Guitars from folks who are also seeing the malware warnings. It's definitely not just affecting HCEF.

• Members

Thank you! I just disabled the link in the DIY thread. If you have any other specific places where you've seen them, please either post a link here for me, or send me a PM so I can remove or disable them.

I just replied to threads on Craig's forum (SSS), Guitar Jam, and Electric Guitars from folks who are also seeing the malware warnings. It's definitely not just affecting HCEF.

I just used the search - http://acapella.harmony-central.com/search.php?searchid=13027

:idea:

:thu:

Archived