STOMPOUT2012: Effect Pedal Auctions to Benefit the American Cancer Society

Philippe_CGC

• Members

HCFX, I'm pleased to announce STOMPOUT 2012, a series of special effect pedal and accessory auctions from October 2nd-11th with 100% of the winning proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
stompout.jpg

We will be starting five auctions each evening, on the hour from 6:00pm - 10:00pm EST, on Tuesday the 2nd, Wednesday the 3rd, and Thursday the 4th. Each auction will start with a $1.00 bid and no reserve.

All of the items offered are special pieces by some of the best effect makers around. Among the pedals and other goodies that will be auctioned off include a special Analogman King of Tone (rated the #1 pedal for blues by Guitar World Magazine, with a hotter

• Members

does anyone know if the american cancer society puts money into preventative research, or is it just pharmaceutical company funding? after finding out some things how breast cancer funding gets misused toward maintenance pills that are basically just minimal improvements rather than moving forward towards actual cures and prevention.

• Members

Here's what else went live tonight:

Caroline Cannonball #001, repurposed wah shell, yep, control havoc with the treadle:
ENDING TUESDAY OCTOBER 9th at 7:00PMEST

IMG_10751.jpg

Catalinbread Teaser Stallion
ENDING TUESDAY OCTOBER 9th at 8:00PM EST
CatalinbreadTeaserStallion.jpg

Coldcraft Cascade Overdrive MKII serial no. 001
ENDING TUESDAY OCTOBER 9th at 9:00PM EST
DSC_0008.jpg

Earthquaker Devices Talons OD.
ENDING TUESDAY OCTOBER 9th at 10:00PM EST
TalonsHighRez.jpg

Pictures and more details here. Thanks so much for checking this out and bidding.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hangwire

View Post

does anyone know if the american cancer society puts money into preventative research, or is it just pharmaceutical company funding? after finding out some things how breast cancer funding gets misused toward maintenance pills that are basically just minimal improvements rather than moving forward towards actual cures and prevention.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...ary&orgid=6495

• Members

Thank you for posting that. The other companies and I are very comfortable with our choice of charity for this event, as it seemed most personally applicable to many of the participants and the most proven and effective.

I'm pleased with the transparency that they display, and I think the financial efficiency measures that we often use to evaluate nonprofits are kind of arbitrary and pretty debatable.

Archived