Agile Guitars

p0lymath

• Members

Anyone have one? Likes/Dislikes? I like cheap guitars I can throw around but still sound and feel good.

Looking into the AL-2000, got Les Paul gas from playing a Studio today, which is odd since I usually don't like them but I think I'm starting to change my mind.

Post pics if you have them.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i've always hated the LP look, but they are just so easy to play.

been using a goldtop al-2000 with p90s as my main guitar for a few months now. i'm planning on getting another with humbuckers. they're very good.

build quality easily surpasses epiphone LPs costing two or three times as much.

• Members

I've had my AL-3000 going on 2 years now and it's still one of my go-to guitars. Upgraded the pickups to a Seymour Duncan '59 and Custom 5, and put some Kluson KB3L locking tuners on it. Didn't need the locking tuners, as the Grovers that they come with are great, just like locking tuners to cut down on restringing time, which is nice if you break a string at a gig or something. My only gripe after having it this whole time is purely aesthetic, but I wish I'd gone for the 3100 and got MOP inlays instead of abalone. Changed the amber knobs out for gold ones too, but I can't fault the quality or sound of this thing.

sans pickguard
P1010850.jpg

old picture, but nothing has changed
P1010030.jpg

• Members

^that bad boy is handsome.

Really love to try one of their extended range guitars. Glad to have their quality confirmed.

A good setup and some updated electronics make any guitar fun to play/sound good, which is why I've always thought it's a good idea to buy cheap.

Although someone is offering a LP Studio trade for my Jag... and the LP has higher resale value... decisions decisions.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by p0lymath View Post
^that bad boy is handsome.

Really love to try one of their extended range guitars. Glad to have their quality confirmed.

A good setup and some updated electronics make any guitar fun to play/sound good, which is why I've always thought it's a good idea to buy cheap.

Although someone is offering a LP Studio trade for my Jag... and the LP has higher resale value... decisions decisions.
I used to have one of their Intrepids

IMG_0497.jpg

Br00tal love.gif

• Members

Good guitars. The higher end ones are very nice. But the higher end Epi's are equally nice too, and of course have the authentic LP body shape. Some of the features on the Agiles are higher end aesthetically. But the Epi Tribute models come with Gibson parts and pickups, and that's a pretty expensive upgrade you'll have to figure on the Agiles. But the 2000 models are cheap price wise, nice quality, and with a pickup upgrade it will be a pretty decent axe.

I have an Agile Harm, and a Epi Tribute LP. The Epi cost twice the price, but it's easily twice the guitar too. I seldom play the Agile now, pickups need a swap for sure, and it just feels a bit toy like. I'd rather have an Epi Dot or Sheraton.

• Members

Pickup change or pot change
:idk:

One guitar to consider if you don't want a LP because of how they feel small body wise is a late 90-early 00s dearmond guitars made by fender.

dearm2.jpg

Goldtone humbuckers and larger body

Ive always wanted one of those! With a Bigsby please!

• Members

i like mine (the neck radius)

what I haven't seen anyone mention yet is on many of the cheap agile LPs the necks are maple with rosewood fretboard so it will sound a bit different than the traditional mahogany neck IMO. Slightly snappier, less warm maybe :idk:

• Members

3100 Spalted here. I think it's a little older.

It's a great guitar, one of my favorites.

I liked it more than the Gibson Traditionals I've played.

Like the neck, like the pickups, like pretty much everything about it. :)

Heavy guitar though.......there's always a trade off.

Archived