Anyone into RC-vehicles ?

ollenorin

• Members

any neeeerds in here ? im new to the game, but i love it. I have a traxxas 1:10 slash 4x4 that ive upgraded with new suspension and 2cell lipos.

i love that it can jump, bash, race anything really....theres a big trackclub quite close that have 4 courses....so much fun to drive there. And lots of nerds that you can ask for advice.

anyone else into this ?:wave:

here is my baby, together with my cousin

• Members

Oh man, I used to want one so bad. I would stare at the catalogs and websites for hours. My parents would never let it happen though. I don't think they really knew anything about it and saw it as a money pit.

I eventually was on my own and got into RC Helis instead. I was at hovering 45 degrees and nose in when I decided I should stop paying for all my repairs and put the helis up for sale. Still have them but I don't fly them any more. I should Craigslist those things today.

• Members

Ayrton Senna was an adult

I have a ducted fanned sr71 that I haven't flown in a couple years for the fact i'm to cheap to upgrade the {censored}ty walkie talkie grade receiver on the thing. I watched a group of guys crash their 1:7 scale mig-15 that left a crater in the tarmac which was one of the coolest things i've ever seen in person.

• Members
I've got a Blade MSR I like to sometimes fly indoors. good for hand-eye coordination

mSR_Flying_500pics.jpg

I modded mine with a better battery and aluminum chassis/gears/etc

Sweet! I have the CP Pro and the 400. I want one of those counter rotating ones because I'm never gonna get to 3D skill level. I still get off on just a stable hover anyway.

• Members

Sweet! I have the CP Pro and the 400. I want one of those counter rotating ones because I'm never gonna get to 3D skill level. I still get off on just a stable hover anyway.

the MSR isn't 3D capable though. it's really easy to fly compared to a 3D heli, and is much quicker and more agile than those counter rotating ones.

isn't the CP Pro a semi advanced 3D heli? if you can do at least basic flying with it, then I wouldn't reccomend a counter rotating heli for you. they're good for starting up, but pretty limited.

• Members

For sure, I knew about the non 3Dness.... The CP pro and 400 can be switched in an out of 3D mode... so I don't think I'd be any better off switching over to your model. I was just learning with 3D turned off. I would just go to the counter rotating model so I could put around and never really crash hard.

Are you up to figure 8's and hovering nose in... all that good stuff?

isn't the CP Pro a semi advanced 3D heli? if you can do at least basic flying with it, then I wouldn't reccomend a counter rotating heli for you. they're good for starting up, but pretty limited.

• Members

For sure, I knew about the non 3Dness.... The CP pro and 400 can be switched in an out of 3D mode... so I don't think I'd be any better off switching over to your model. I was just learning with 3D turned off. I would just go to the counter rotating model so I could put around and never really crash hard.

Are you up to figure 8's and hovering nose in... all that good stuff?

EDIT: just saw your text below your picture.... Yea the pro is 3D... I learned to hover tail in, 45 degrees, and just kinda flying around in a field. I wasn't able to go nose in without getting my {censored} twisted (reverse everything!) I was told the CP's are bad to learn on because they are so small and effected by the wind. I got a 400 at that point. I hovered it about 5 times and feared the impending doom/costs, so I stopped flying. I miss it :(

• Members

I have raced R/C cars for years, mostly dirt oval. Recently i have been racing short course offroad which has been a blast. Ive raced 1/10 and 1/12 carpet oval, 1/12 roadcourse, 1/8 offroad nitro trucks, and did some rock crawling, its a fun hobby.

havoc3.jpg

sc102.jpg

sw2001.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

0419081140.jpg

edm-1.jpg

• Members

I have a Tamiya Hornet. I had so much fun with that thing I can't throw it out even though I've lost the remote control and pretty much every component on the car has been beat to hell. I went through two bodies, about four or five sets of tires, a bunch of control bars for the front wheel steering, two or three front bumpers. Some of the aftermarket parts were really good, and just wouldn't break even hitting a curb. I eventually went to slicks for the tires.

I see they've reissued it: https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58336

and that the front bumpers are still weak-looking, the spoiler still looks weak and will allow the attachment pegs to get worn down.... ugh I'd probably get a newer design if I bought another or just get an aftermarket bumper and body right off the bat.

• Members

I bought one of those cheap RC Helis from Frys once, found it impossible to fly so I took it back before I did any serious damage to it.

I was looking at a hobbyist magazine at a doctors office once and all ther little gas powered RC cars looked like tons of fun, but expensive. I can barely afford to keep my guitar hobby going.

• Members

I bought one of those cheap RC Helis from Frys once, found it impossible to fly so I took it back before I did any serious damage to it.

Do you remember which one it was? did it have two blades turning in opposite directions one on top of the other, or a single blade?

• Members

I think my dad was super excited when I got into RC cars, and he helped me build an RC-10 - I think that was the model anyway. Gold anodized body, really nice components and servos and stuff. I built a whole track in my backyard. I think he was equally disappointed when I moved on to the next fad. I bet it would be fun to get back into now that I'm older, can wield a soldering iron, and can actually afford it... :D

My dogs LOVE those little RC helicopters...

• Members

That's really cool. I remember the RC-10 I think... was it an arena truck?

My dad was the opposite. He saw it as another fad of mine and was super hesitant to let me get into it (and I never did). I even built the track in the back yard in anticipation haha (new house with a dirt back yard at the time).

I'd like to pop on a gas truck someday. I'm too wrapped up in the guitar nonsense for now though.

I think my dad was super excited when I got into RC cars, and he helped me build an RC-10 - I think that was the model anyway. Gold anodized body, really nice components and servos and stuff. I built a whole track in my backyard. I think he was equally disappointed when I moved on to the next fad. I bet it would be fun to get back into now that I'm older, can wield a soldering iron, and can actually afford it...
:D

My dogs LOVE those little RC helicopters...

Archived