Fudge tunnel sound.....

arthurdent'd

• Members

Boss DS2 into a Marshall. I read in some interviews with him though that on that album they used a lot of different gear. Lots of rackmount preamps and stuff.

EDIT:

Got curious as I haven't listened to this band in quite a while. They used to be one of my favorites (along with Sepultura) when I was younger. Anyway, I came across this site http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/fudge+tunnel and there is a post on there where a guy emailed Alex about his gear.

I started to search online for clips of Fudge Tunnel, checked GuitarGeek, and anything I could find about Alex Newport

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I'm the guy who wrote to Alex Newport. I deleted my Tumblr account, but recreated the post on my personal blog if you want to read it.

The TL/DR; Gibson with humbuckers (use bridge pickup, roll the tone all the way off) -> Boss "booster" (any boost pedal will do, like MXR Micro Amp) -> Marshall JMP 100W master volume (must be this amp, according to Alex, "JCM 800, 900, 2000, Plexi, none of them will work.") On the amp, turn everything all the way up, except the mids. Turn the mids all the way off.

• Members

I've found that playing any fudge tunnel records, CDs, or any other music format fills my house with a fudgey sound.

fetch?filedataid=101403&type=medium ****************, was going to put a photo of Pat Mooney the rubbish comedian from the 70's (and now apparently game of thrones actor) but cant post the picture.......................................and there is no i love fuzz...............................hard day.

Archived