I've almost come full circle with my dirt

BHz_econo

• Members

I played a Vintage Reissue Rat for about 15 years as my main dirt. Then added a hotcake for about 5. Then I started hanging out here and have been through so many it's just stupid really.

So last month I bought at VR Rat(w/308) for $75 and it sat in my computer room. Today I took it to the basement and man, it feels like home. Stacked it with the PTD Mini-Bone > VR Rat and it was bliss. The mini-bone was great for thick leads and chunky chords while the rat was perfect for mid-heavy distortion with some pretty good definition.

I had planned on giving the Wampler Paisley drive my friend gave me but played for hours and forgot all about it...

And yes photo or it's a metal zone...

photo_zps67772990.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BAXANDALL

View Post

Are we allowed to joke about race, or to clarify, if I said "shut up Messican" would that be in bad tast or get me banned? Or would it just make Bindu scratch his head in wonder? biggrin.gif

report'd. love.gif

• Members

Anyone try the Mad Prof Stone Grey Distortion? Seems like they're similar, but I like the SG for its more modern, heavy but with clarity type tone. Just saw this one on PGS, love the intro Mastodon riff, sounds pretty spot on to me.

• Members

Strat and Tele. I don't get along with humbuckers really.

Some things just work really well I guess. Every time I play other delays I start thinking "wow, I could get along without the skrecho"... then I play the skrecho and those thoughts vanish.

I guess I need to get a Hotcake again. I have a Kush coming at the end of the year though.

Archived