OT: Lace Hemi into Ibanez wiring help

• Members

so i like this particular subforum, so i'm gonna try asking for help here.

W97032.gif

so i figured out how the wires from the stock Ibanez p/u's and the Lace's match up:

Ibanez / Lace

red / orange
blk(wht) / white
bl / orange(blk)
yl / white(blk)

however, the Hemis are both 4-conductor.

for the bridge pickup, in the diagram, i don't know what to do with orange/black wire when i separate it from the white one.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

-J

• Members

I am guessing (cause i am not familiar with that switch's connections or that specific pickup) but usually if a humbucker is two conductor it means the two "middle" wires are connected inside its casing somewhere. So, those should correspond to the orange and white wires on the hemi I believe and the other two wires would be connected together. That's my guess.

• Members

Looking at that diagram, the neck brings out 4 wires so it can get series and parallel coil modes position 1 and 2. The bridge only allows one coil or both (series) by bringing out the connect between the coils at the white wire (I had one so I know this is true). Connect white and orange(blk) on the Lace and use it as the original white wire. (Make sure Lace is saying connect those 2 together for regular humbucking.) Ground the 4th wire like the other one.

You could change it now for series-parallel options for the bridge. I had some trouble after a while with my Ibanez switch, may have been wearing out but I did put a lot of heat on it when desoldering and rewiring, don't do that.

Archived