OMTerria

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by ambient

View Post

Why would they?

Because switches are a wear part, and when they will only sell you a new pedal when the switch breaks it makes knowledgeable and experienced players not buy their products. Especially when pretty much all of their competitors pedals are designed to have the switches replaced. Boss, Voodoo Labs, Line 6, Fulltone, Barber, Analogman, DigiTech, etc. etc. etc. all make their pedals so the switches can be replaced..

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Player99 View Post
Because switches are a wear part, and when they will only sell you a new pedal when the switch breaks it makes knowledgeable and experienced players not buy their products. Especially when pretty much all of their competitors pedals are designed to have the switches replaced. Boss, Voodoo Labs, Line 6, Fulltone, Barber, Analogman, DigiTech, etc. etc. etc. all make their pedals so the switches can be replaced..
Still doesn't explain why they should fix your broken pedal, was there a warranty?

If not, I don't understand. If you buy a DVD player and the tray stops opening, would you expect Sony to fix it for much less than the cost of a new one? I wouldn't, unless it was covered by a warranty.

• Members

Still doesn't explain why they should fix your broken pedal, was there a warranty?

If not, I don't understand. If you buy a DVD player and the tray stops opening, would you expect Sony to fix it for much less than the cost of a new one? I wouldn't, unless it was covered by a warranty.

You're right...just throw out all your pedals when the switches break. What was I thinking. After all if you buy other crap why not pedals?

They should make cars so when the tires wear out you can't change them. Throw out the car and get a new one. Why not? My DVD player is like that.

Archived