Eff. I have to complain about this. Explosions In The Sky - Only Moment We Were Alone

4nd3h

• Members

I wouldn't call myself an eits fan, but The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place is an epic album impo. Never seen em live, and though I'm sure it's just the clip or my laptop speakers, but I can't say I'm really impressed by that particual performanceidn_smilie.gif

I guess I would kinda expect more from 3 guitars and a bass, it's sounds like something's still missing there...idn_smilie.gif

The reverb tank crash is annoying when you start paying attention to it I guess.

• Members

excellent performance, but yeah, that sound is annoying.

FWIW, even the biggest post-rock bands tour with some janky vintage gear that could use a tune up. It's not always road-ready.

When I saw This Will Destroy You, Jeremy was pounding on his Musicman 130 with his fist while it was cutting in and out. That was 5 years ago, and they're still touring with that amp.

• Members

As much as I used to love post-rock, I do find myself getting more and more bored with much of the music. Too many of the songs just ride the same progressions for far too long. Why bother with 3 guitarists when you could pretty much just use a looper and layer the same amount of parts onto each other (it's basically all they are doing anyway). I think the formula gets a little lazy after a while.

And yeah, that reverb crashing does get annoying. Fix your {censored}.