dZjupp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i guess the only sexier thing would be its bigger bro:

eh_bigmuffdeluxe_002.jpg

FenderEHX, feel free to chime in, i'm sure you own this thing

There are 2 versions of the Deluxe, and the one in that pic with the Parallel/Series switch is the better one. In series mode it cascades the soul preacher compressor into an op-amp muff that creates amazing sustain... great for legato leads or droning atmospheres.

Edit: just read Hotmess' post. Funny how 2 povs can be so different. I hated the version with the blend switch. The compressor was useless to me in parallel mode.

• Members

how so, and how hard is the mod?

Ron worked on my NYCRI back in 2007. He said that he switches out components for higher grade ones, but I don't know the details. His mod reduces the noise and improves the harmonics, and improves the definition in the tone knob. The improvement is not subtle either. Totally worth it.

• Members

I have the Deluxe with the blend switch and two non deluxe op amp Big |Muffs, they're very non dynamic, a total one trick pony, kinda lame imo.

I'm surprised to see you be negative about something 'beau.

That said, I've never got on with stock big muffs - they do have such a specific output that they really need a certain kind of amp setting/ voicing to shine. If you don't have that, they sound like wool being rammed in your ears, or wire wool being rammed up your arse.

• Members
There are 2 versions of the Deluxe, and the one in that pic with the Parallel/Series switch is the better one.
In series mode it cascades the soul preacher compressor into an op-amp muff that creates amazing sustain... great for legato leads or droning atmospheres.

Edit: just read Hotmess' post. Funny how 2 povs can be so different. I hated the version with the blend switch. The compressor was useless to me in parallel mode.

clips of this, btw? :cool:

• Members
Oh, and my old NYC Muff was a workhorse. Sounded killer through my Vox, pushed loud with not so much treble. Great sound, but I did like the Swollen Pickle much more for its versatility. IMO YMMV ROFL
:idk:

Stock NYC Muff and vox sounding good? How did you do it? Need details! - Guitar, guitar knob settings, big muff settings, and ac30 settings.

CIRRUS DEMANDS IT

Archived