EHX NYC BIG MUFF PI vs. All of the clones

dZjupp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love my WH Swollen Pickle. Only muff I'd want to replace it with would be a Musket.

If it's a classic old school BMP you want though, and you don't mind paying a bit less for something that's probably just as good: EHX Big Muff Pi. It doesn't hurt that it looks secky either I guessicon_lol.gif

Not extremely tweakable, but imo in most cases all those extra controls on BM clones are more of a luxury, at best. Unless we're talking about something that offers a whole range of different Muff style tones, in which case you might want to check out the Musket.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by dZjupp View Post
i guess the only sexier thing would be its bigger bro:
eh_bigmuffdeluxe_002.jpg

FenderEHX, feel free to chime in, i'm sure you own this thing
I can.

It's an op-amp Big Muff and a Soul Preacher. This one in particular (series/parallel switch version) is known to have a variation on the Soul Preacher that uses a 3080, and apparently sounds much worse to the one with the blend switch.

Edit: Which apparently says a lot, since the Soul Preacher sounds like crap to me to begin with.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by hotmess View Post
I can.

It's an op-amp Big Muff and a Soul Preacher. This one in particular (series/parallel switch version) is known to have a variation on the Soul Preacher that uses a 3080, and apparently sounds much worse to the one with the blend switch.

Edit: Which apparently says a lot, since the Soul Preacher sounds like crap to me to begin with.
sorry, i meant to get the one with the blend switch, didn't even see that....

Archived