Catalinbeer'd

erksin

great pedal, great people, and a beer hostess who kept up to a dozen microbrews straight.

Who can ask for more?

On the gear side, I was most impressed by the pre-amp that's in the pedal. VERY Binson-like.

To my ears, the Binson always had a somewhat unique amplitude-domain/harmonic distortion content:

You get a little more warmth to the overdrive in very quiet as well as the very loud passages, while the vast middle area has a bit less distortion. (of course, the repeats get warmer thru each pass, etc) But the preamp alone makes for a nice effect by itself, and worth quite a bit.

Again, sounding very much like my Binson.

The 4 repeats are very well done. You get all the great syncopated action if you set for less than 4.

No arguments there. It sounds like an Echorec.

TB or Tails, your choice (just be handy with a screwdriver and dont be a klutz).

Superb oscillation ... swell upon swell ... cascades galore.

Howard rocked the place...no Steve Hillage runs tho....only slight disappoint....this thing is made for Hillage-like gliss.

....memo to Nic: get Howard to listen to bits of Fish Rising and see if that doesn't make sense for a demo.

Andy from PGS is a very friendly guy, willing to talk with anyone (even a low/no-profile sot like me).

And Nic. He is good people. I can't say anything more, and nothing more needs to be said.

He's a good man, loves what he's doing, and who he's doing it with.

All in all, a good time. A nice port in the storm (literally).

Job well done guys. And Ladies.

That pedal is well worth the cost.

PS: Castillo is very kind and cares for all of those around her.

Friends, coworkers, even itinerate sheep farmers.

I, for one, will hearby refrain from making the typical guy-comments ever again.

...unless she takes the first swing, then the gloves come off.
;)

:lol:

They're good folks. Thanks for the after-action report. Sounds like you had a great time! :cool:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
great pedal, great people, and a beer hostess who kept up to a dozen microbrews straight.

Who can ask for more?

On the gear side, I was most impressed by the pre-amp that's in the pedal. VERY Binson-like.

To my ears, the Binson always had a somewhat unique amplitude-domain/harmonic distortion content:

You get a little more warmth to the overdrive in very quiet as well as the very loud passages, while the vast middle area has a bit less distortion. (of course, the repeats get warmer thru each pass, etc) But the preamp alone makes for a nice effect by itself, and worth quite a bit.

Again, sounding very much like my Binson.

The 4 repeats are very well done. You get all the great syncopated action if you set for less than 4.

No arguments there. It sounds like an Echorec.

TB or Tails, your choice (just be handy with a screwdriver and dont be a klutz).

Superb oscillation ... swell upon swell ... cascades galore.

Howard rocked the place...no Steve Hillage runs tho....only slight disappoint....this thing is made for Hillage-like gliss.

....memo to Nic: get Howard to listen to bits of Fish Rising and see if that doesn't make sense for a demo.

Andy from PGS is a very friendly guy, willing to talk with anyone (even a low/no-profile sot like me).

And Nic. He is good people. I can't say anything more, and nothing more needs to be said.

He's a good man, loves what he's doing, and who he's doing it with.

All in all, a good time. A nice port in the storm (literally).

Job well done guys. And Ladies.

That pedal is well worth the cost.

I, for one, will hearby refrain from making the typical guy-comments ever again.

;)

Dude WTF how did I miss meeting you?

Serves me right for hanging out near the bathrooms with Saul Koll all night. lol

• Members

You turn legal and your game goes to {censored}? You're doing it wrong.

My game has always been {censored}.

But yo, I got a secret club you can join, if you want.... We got club exclusives, a Christmas 45 coming out and enough pretense to fill a steamboat.

You down bro? Just need a $50 donation first.

• Members

That was fun!

I have so many craft pickled items from Randy! I don't think I will be sharing them with Erksin! Oh and Randy, Stefanie and I will have a care package heading your way really soon!

:mock shock:

I told you ya didn't have too... not necessary

But I wouldnt turn down anything either.

• Members

I DEMAND BEETS AND OKRA AND POSSIBLY GHERKINS

I demand you talk to more people than just Saul Koll.

What kinda marketing guru are you? Where was Mr Happy Swag? The new Echorec T-shirts? and the Wet/Dry Contest?

..and why did it fall onto Nic to intro me to Andy, Mr Connections Made Throughout the Industry?

..and the hors' doerves? where were the hot hors doerves? AND WHERE WERE THE HAWT HORS DOERVES WAITRESSES DOGGAMMIT???

..and the horse you rode in on and... ???

...HEY WAITAMINUTE I DEMAND YOU MARKET BEETS AND OKRA AND POSSIBLY GHERKINS.

YOUR WORK AT CB IS DONE THEY ARE NOW INTERNET INFAMOUS NOW YOU WORK FOR ME MR BEETSINGHERKIN

:catches breath:

:hangs head:

ok...same addy?

• Members

;)

Thank you! That makes my heart feel nice!

• Members

I demand you talk to more people than just Saul Koll.

What kinda marketing guru are you? Where was Mr Happy Swag? The new Echorec T-shirts? and the Wet/Dry Contest?

..and why did it fall onto Nic to intro me to Andy, Mr Connections Made Throughout the Industry?

..and the hors' doerves? where were the hot hors doerves? AND WHERE WERE THE HAWT HORS DOERVES WAITRESSES DOGGAMMIT???

..and the horse you rode in on and... ???

...HEY WAITAMINUTE I DEMAND YOU MARKET BEETS AND OKRA AND POSSIBLY GHERKINS.

YOUR WORK AT CB IS DONE THEY ARE NOW INTERNET INFAMOUS NOW YOU WORK FOR ME MR BEETSINGHERKIN

:catches breath:

:hangs head:

ok...same addy?

I demand them from Nic - not you! lol

What time did you show up? I had to bail around 9:15. Can't believe we didn't get a chance to talk - next time!!!

• Members

I demand them from Nic - not you! lol

What time did you show up? I had to bail around 9:15. Can't believe we didn't get a chance to talk - next time!!!

I think you bailed at 9:32....that's the time that was on your iphone when you told Saul it was time to go.

mofo, I was standing right there waiting to introduce myself when you bolted.

...also no okra in that set of boxes.

• Members

What?! Why didn't ya stop me? I'd had a few and had to get home before it got any uglier. lol

We were talking so much {censored} about you after you left!

Get this. Randy introduced himself to me by LEE-furt Randy. And well folks pronounce their handles differently than I do. I didn't actually know who I was talking to until he said, "I have some pickles in the truck." And suddenly DUH! I had to give the guy a big ole hug and apologize for being a drunken aloof.

• Members

We were talking so much {censored} about you after you left!

Get this. Randy introduced himself to me by LEE-furt Randy. And well folks pronounce their handles differently than I do. I didn't actually know who I was talking to until he said, "I have some pickles in the truck." And suddenly DUH! I had to give the guy a big ole hug and apologize for being a drunken aloof.

Oh and I have plenty of beets this year. Remember last year, Erksin, when you didn't even offer me one to sample? Remember? We're gonna send this guy an awesome care package!

Archived