Catalinbeer'd

erksin

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dammit...will try to make it!!!

I'm doing some volunteer work for NW Medical Teams the next day, so WHO WILL DRIVE ME DOWN THE ROAD LATER THAT NIGHT???

....yeah di'nt think so...

I'll still try to make it!

You've gotta come, Randy. I'm almost out of Peach Habanero jam! :mad:

• Members

DAMN IT!!!!!!

I'm out of town til the 19th!

Oddly enough, the other day i was thinking how cool it was that other time y'all did this at migration and how fun it was and how nice it was to meet all y'all. It would. Be cool to hang out again. And get drunk and buy another pedal.

I hope i'm in town next time.

• Members

HR...you coming up I-5?

If you're driving past Salem around 6 PM, I'd bro-up at the Rogue Tasting Farm near Independence.

It'll make you late, but you'll drive happier.

I'll be the degenerate in black scrubs.

Yep, although Salem will be 9 hours into the road trip haha. I'd imagine by then we'll be more than wanting to just get to Portland. However we are hitting up brewery's on the way up, so maybe?

• Members

Harpoon's pretty good, but frankly Sam Adams is 'craft beer' for people that eat out at Applebee's.

Also, I'm not sure PA medals at all if we're talking about craft beer. Other than Victory I can't even think of anything else that would be known nationally. If we're talking about cheap {censored} beer PA owns on account of Yuengling, Lionshead and Straub being way more awesome than any other

• Members

Harpoon's pretty good,
but frankly Sam Adams is 'craft beer' for people that eat out at Applebee's

Also, I'm not sure PA medals at all if we're talking about craft beer. Other than Victory I can't even think of anything else that would be known nationally. If we're talking about cheap {censored} beer PA owns on account of Yuengling, Lionshead and Straub being way more awesome than any other

:lol: I've never liked most Sam Adams, which seems to offend most people. I will sometimes drink the Oktoberfest or whatever they call their winter ale and I like those pretty well.

Yuengling is my cheap beer of choice.

And regarding beer states, NC has been stepping up it's game over the past few years. Asheville has several brewers like Highland that make some damn tasty beer.

• Members

In an all out battle of the beer states who would you place your money on... Oregon or Colorado?

Sure PA medals but the above mentioned states are easily the top two beer states.

While classification as "beer states" is likely pretty subjective, it seems as though California has the most "craft" breweries, followed by Washington, then Colorado & Oregon. In sheer production of all beer (mass-produced or microbrew) I believe California is still in the lead amongst the states. Anyway, Craft breweries by state through end of 2011:

California: 261

Washington: 134

Colorado:127

Oregon: 121

:p

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/arts-and-lifestyle/2012/08/geography-craft-beer/2931/

• Members

if you look at the amount of brewery's per capita in any town/city, asheville nc has the highest percentage of anywhere else in the US. Portland is certainly one of the very best cities to be a beer drinker in the states and its an experience I hope to have someday.

..and california just has a lot of breweries as well as a whole bunch of people so it doesn't even really count.

yep. I love living in beer city USA!

• Members

..and california just has a lot of breweries as well as a whole bunch of people so it doesn't even really count.

Is it harder to get great beer in populous places? I'm in a certain very large north-eastern city and I find this to be false personally...Not sure I see the relationship to population? :confused:

• Members

I'm sure great beer is widely available and produced in populous places but what I'm saying is that because there are so many more breweries per capita in places like portland or asheville, local and craft brews are much more accessible. There are many beers that are only available at the actual brewery or just a few select bars around town. There are even a few brewing clubs that I know of that meet at various brewing supply stores in town and they often have free beer tastings where you can go and have a try at one of their beers and then buy some if you want.

I don't know really.. just saying that people really love beer. and I am one of those people.:blah:

• Members

:lol:
I've never liked most Sam Adams, which seems to offend most people. I will sometimes drink the Oktoberfest or whatever they call their winter ale and I like those pretty well.

Yuengling is my cheap beer of choice.

And regarding beer states, NC has been stepping up it's game over the past few years. Asheville has several brewers like Highland that make some damn tasty beer.

in NC aviator is the bestest ever.

Archived