Craig's latest Hot Tip is brilliant - re: adapter / wall wart labeling

Phil O'Keefe

Ever grabbed the wrong adapter and fried a pedal? Have you ever searched for the right adapter and then struggled to read the tiny writing on its label to see if it was the "right" power supply for the pedal you wanted to use?

Sure you have. Especially if your user name is Crxsh. wink.gificon_lol.gif But seriously, I think we all have to deal with adapter hassles on a regular basis, and making sure your AC and DC adapters are not accidentally used with the wrong gear is an ongoing concern.

Most methods of labeling your adapters typically have issues of their own... but I think what Craig has come up with might actually work for me.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-2811

I may even buy an el cheapo soldering iron to dedicate to this task.

Anyway, I thought it was a good solution to a common problem, and I thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else might find it useful.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh

View Post

Paper, tape and a sharpie thumb.gif

I've tried that, as well as just using the Sharpie on the unit itself (usually too hard to see), but tape gets sticky, peels off, etc. Sometimes there's very little flat surface available on the adapter, which also can make it tougher trying to get the tape to stick.

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh

View Post

Paper, tape and a sharpie thumb.gif

I've tried that, as well as just using the Sharpie on the unit itself (usually too hard to see), but tape gets sticky, peels off, etc. Sometimes there's very little flat surface available on the adapter, which also can make it tougher trying to get the tape to stick.

Archived