Bognor pedals, next Soldano....

buriedorburned

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Science! View Post
it's perfect for me and sounds like no other pedals I've tried.

I picked up the Blue as well, and it's equally impressive.
Ended up returning it though. I will own that pedal again.
Returned it because my current project works better with the Red.
I'll just pick it up once I get some more cash again.

In the end, who gives a shit if you don't like the bogner pedals? I don't, but thanks for posting about it. thumb.gifrolleyes.gifredface.gif
Lot of contradiction in your post. They just started to be available in the EU.
I understand you're enthusiastic about the Bogner, I like his amps too, but maybe you need to chillax a bit and be just a bit more polite toward those who didn't want to spend 600 USD/EUR on an impulse buy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Schnikes

View Post

I used to own a Bogner Ecstasy and I was so unimpressed in overall tone and build quality relative to cost that the pedals haven't even been a blip on my radar. And that's after diregarding prices all together. Still nothing.

Unimpressed with it? You must be the only person I've ever heard say that.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by akapuli View Post
I understand you're enthusiastic about the Bogner, I like his amps too, but maybe you need to chillax a bit and be just a bit more polite toward those who didn't want to spend 600 USD/EUR on an impulse buy.
Maybe you should fuck off, bitch.

I only hold issue with the people that haven't tried them in person, but are talking shit.

Maybe you should fuck off, bitch.

I only hold issue with the people that haven't tried them in person, but are talking shit.
I have no problem with the second line of your post - it's the first one that I take issue with, since it violates HC's site rules. cop.gif

Let's please keep it civil folks. wave.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Holy Schnikes View Post
I used to own a Bogner Ecstasy and I was so unimpressed in overall tone and build quality relative to cost that the pedals haven't even been a blip on my radar. And that's after diregarding prices all together. Still nothing.
Ya, the Ecstasy certainly isn't for everyone. The 20th has a much more accessible sound, but is quite a bit more money. The low mid content and rolled off highs can be really annoying when playing out. The 20th is revoiced in the mids with much more high mid presence and aggression. Really love that amp, not hugely fussed on the bog standard one and the Classic anymore. Build quality, eh. It's certainly not built as well as my CEC or any Soldanos in its price range but it's definitely a pretty quality piece of kit. If anything, the issues lay with the circuit design which can eat through power tubes and as a result, take out the power amp with them if you don't change them regularly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones View Post
Have you ever tried Cornish or Toneczar?
Yup. Just sold off the last of my Cornish and Toneczar pedals a few weeks ago. Actually decided to sell my G-2 as a direct result of getting the Red. I was only really using it when I didn't want to bring my big rig and the Bogner is just perfect for that. It's certainly not a one size fits all solution but for my needs, it's excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs View Post
Unimpressed with it? You must be the only person I've ever heard say that.
My buddy hated the Ecstasy when we were auditioning it. It's a nice sounding amp but there are a lot of others in the same price range I'd take over it all day every day. Would take the OD100 I had a while back over it for sure and I spent well under $2k on that amp when buying used. Would take an SLO if the SLO were a little more versatile and I'm considering getting one anyways because the crunch mode and OD channel are the greatest things ever.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by akapuli View Post
What I should have said....

Please explain what you consider a contradiction.

I'm just tired and bored of people voicing their opinion about something they have no experience with.

How does money have anything to do with it?

• Members
What I should have said....

Please explain what you consider a contradiction.

I'm just tired and bored of people voicing their opinion about something they have no experience with.

How does money have anything to do with it?
No problem. biggrin.gif
I wanted to ask you to be more patient. These pedals will show up here too.

However I totally understand the skepticism, it's a solid-state OD/distortion pedal line at the end of the day, most sound samples don't represent anything revolutionary. Lot of options, but those tones I liked are already covered on my pedalboard too, maybe not as stellar as Bogner. As I see, most posters have already favorites and they won't change as quickly as on the 'lawyers/dentists forum'. smile.gif

Archived