Bognor pedals, next Soldano....

buriedorburned

• Members

I recently tried the new Bogner pedals, and was blown away by them. The Blue was great; very fluid low-mid gain. The Red was incredible; Ecstasy all over! The Uberschall; not so much, lacked a lot, but there again the power amp has a lot to do with that amps magic.
What I was thinking of, is Soldano should do a pedal or two of their own. Like an SLO one, and a Hot Rod or Avenger. It seems that most plugin software like line 6, ampitube, guitar rig etc... All have Soldano amps included in their software. So, it'd be nice to see them bring out some pedals too.

Just a thought.....

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent View Post
Just your opinion, man.

I don't care for the sound or hype of the Bogners. I'll stick to pedals under $200 dollars for my tone.
The clips do not do these justice. Hard to describe, unless you've played through one.

Yeah, a couple people on TGP really have a strong voice and hype them hard.

Since I bought the Red as soon as it was released, and the blue soon after.....I can tell you that they're really nice, if that's what you're looking for.
Truely amp like.

They aren't perfect, but the sound and feel is unique.

• Members

Damn. Bogner pedals are polarizing. idn_smilie.gif

Since when has it been wrong to buy a pedal, and give a review?
Most reviews are glowing at first, no doubt. Unless you're a n00b, you take the honeymoon reviews lightly.

The people that have them enjoy them, and are trying to tell everyone that they are in fact , good pedals. even if it is an initial review or a review after nearly a month.

The people that don't have them say "ah, another dirt pedal on the market" or "these pedals are nothing new, and $300? lol".

Why? idn_smilie.gif

$300 is nothing, when you think about all of the gear that people buy. You buy and flip 2 $150 pedals and that's okay, but 1 $300 pedal? NO WAY facepalm.gif

I've personally had the Red since the beginning of the month. I didn't even try before I bought.
It went directly on my board, and I've played gigs with it as my main dirt.
It may not be for everyone, nothing is, but it's perfect for me and sounds like no other pedals I've tried.

I picked up the Blue as well, and it's equally impressive.
Ended up returning it though. I will own that pedal again.
Returned it because my current project works better with the Red.
I'll just pick it up once I get some more cash again.

I understand these pedals are carrying some hype, and since the klon, or getting burned in the past on some sort of forum hype pedal, seems to left some permanently jaded.

It's too bad, that it's come to this. A pedal does something unique, and people crap all over it.

I actually hope this prompts other amp makers to make true "amp-in-a-box" pedals that actually make your amp sound and feel like their amps.
I know this exists.......amp in a box pedals......but I don't think any have done it as well as these bogner pedals.

In the end, who gives a shit if you don't like the bogner pedals? I don't, but thanks for posting about it. thumb.gifrolleyes.gifredface.gif

• Members

Lol, I'm using an iPad, so the auto correct spelt it Bognor, and changed it in the post, but didn't notice it in the title.
I know the GTO pedal, but I don't think, from reading on it, that'll do what I'm thinking. Also, true the 3 Soldano pedals wouldn't be a good idea, since they are all based on the same circuitry. maybe just an SLO and even the Avenger could have the extra knobs featured for a heavier edge pedal.
IMO the Bogner pedals are worthy of their praise, and spending $300 on the Red is not an issue. The only pedals I've played recently that come close, are the Blackstar HT series.

Archived