Line 6 M5 Questions

thebrokenvow

• Members

Was wondering if I could get some opinions here. I use to have a Line 6 M9 that I used in conjunction with a pedalboard and loved it but then scaled down. I've been looking at the m5 to put on my board for some additional reverbs and delays with my already running pedalboard but I got offered a killer deal on a M13 as well. Now my question is primarily although it would be overkill what's anyone's experience with the M13? My board now is primarily a vpjr , rat , dd5 and dl4. If I ran the m13 I'd more then likely just run the vpjr and rat with it. Should I go big with the m13 or just stay with the m5?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Lou-Dog

View Post

To be honest I would have just kept the M9. Did you run the DD-5 with the M9?

Yeah I ran it with the dd5 when I had a board the size of a guitar case. Loved the m9 but then went super simple and have been happy but have been needing a few more sounds these days.

• Members

i should have got the M9 instead of the M5 facepalm.gif

side note: anyone have problems with the pedal losing exp pedal data? for example, if i set my pitch glider to an octave up (+12.0) at toe position, and normal pitch (+0.0) at heel, and save it, when i come back the tow position isnt calibrated anymore, and goes either up (+17.3 or some {censored}) or down (+7.5) from the value i set it.

set it on fire in the garbage?

• Members

That's not an overly big pedalboard. I'd get the M13 if the deal is that good. That way you can leave it (since you seem to be happy with your pedals already) if you don't want to take it, run it after the board when you want, or bring just the M13 for jams and such.

That's part of what I love about my M9 - if I want to bring just it, it works as a makeshift pedalboard. M13 = the same, but more-so.

Archived