pgs echorecked

Faldoe

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds very goodl, but extremely pricey and, ultimately, I'm not in the market for another delay - the "Variable Speed Tape Delay" mode on my Timebender is blowing me away right now. Plus, as can be said for most of the Catalinbread line, what the {censored} is going on with those graphics? The original Echorec, from a design standpoint, seems so timeless, cohesive, and classy by comparison. . .they couldn't try and mimic that to some extent? Honestly, it's a minor and petty criticism, all things considered, and this thing, from a sound and feature standpoint, seems pretty amazing.

• Members

I know right.

I went over there, was totally gonna grab one but $230?!?!

That just seems a touch too high for something like this. I mean, maybe if there were actual teeny tiny tape heads in there, but that's just a hair too much for a single emulation stompbox for me. I mean, 195, and I would have still bought one.

I'm sure it's awesome and the clips sound great, but yeah, Ill wait for it to sink a bit in price. Spam thread!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by lefort_1 View Post
My unsolicited response to Graphics Critiques:

First you want it packed in a small box, then you want The Last Supper, or a Jackson Pollock, or a Gustav Klimt

facepalm.gif
Like I mentioned, it's a petty issue, and it's not nearly a dealbreaker. And, beyond that, I don't think anyone's exactly looking for an oil-painted masterwork from Catalinbread - the design is bright, fun, and attention getting, which is what they're going for, I'm sure. But, when I see graphics like that, it just makes me think that keeping it simple is always best. I mean, why didn't just take a hint from the original Echorec design?

Binson.jpg

That initial design is just so clean, sharp, and timeless. Just, like, look at that {censored}.

Archived